Timbaland Announces Title of New Album
Timbaland, who has been working to produce some of today's biggest albums, has shared details about his solo project. In a new interview with Revolt, the musician revealed that his upcoming solo album would be called "Opera Noir".
Despite having worked with a bunch of superstars, he said that fans couldn't expect famous names to be featured in the record. "Me and my new artist, her name is V. Just me and her. And Cee-Lo. That's it," he said of who would contribute to the album.
He continued that his next LP would still be big, adding, "When ['Opera Noir'] comes out and you see the whole package, you'll understand why. You'll see it, and you'll be like, 'Wow, I've never seen nothing like this.' "
"Opera Noir", which will serve as Tim's fourth studio effort, was formerly known as "Textbook Timbo". Fans have heard nothing from the follow-up to 2009's "Shock Value II", but Timbaland has compared it to Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" which is one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time.
"It's way different. It's more of a sound. It's Timbaland's 'Chronic'. How Dr. Dre has his 'Chronic', I've finally made my 'Chronic'," he explained.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'