Justin Bieber on Attempted Robbery Investigation: 'Don't Believe Rumors'
Justin Bieber wrote a lengthy statement on Twitter on Wednesday, May 14 after police said the previous day that he was accused of attempted robbery over a phone. In the Twitter posts, the Canadian pop star asked his fans not to believe things they read in media and thanked everyone for their support.
"It is hard to defend myself and my privacy every moment of the day. Then to see rumors. The truth will set u free," Bieber said. "My mom raised me to be kind to others. I get judged, harassed, and I try to take the high road. Sometimes it isn't easy. But we keep trying."
"I will continue to be the man my mother raised. I love people and I will try to be kind even when things are not fair. Don't believe rumors. Thanks for those who stick by me and those that help me grow everyday. I love you," he added. "Off to have fun and smile with friends. I'm human. I feel. I hurt. But I got thick skin too. I can handle it. I love you."
The alleged robbery attempt took place on Monday night at 10:30 P.M. West Coast time. As reported by TMZ, Bieber was at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park when he thought the woman was taking his pictures using her phone and he tried to take it.
A Sherman Oaks Castle Park employee who witnessed the incident later told the site that Bieber never touched the woman and did not try to grab her phone. A source close to the "Baby" singer additionally told CNN that the incident "wasn't a big deal." The source explained, "Justin was just enjoying hanging out with friends at the batting cage and playing mini-golf."
"The woman didn't stand out. There were plenty of people taking pictures, some more aggressive than others ... which is total normal. ... This is another example of someone making an issue where there isn't one," the source continued.
It is hard to defend myself and my privacy every moment of the day. Then to see rumors. The truth will set u free pic.twitter.com/tYFzKYlcrF— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) May 15, 2014
More Justin Bieber News
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress