Rihanna Donates $25,000 to LAPD After Breaking Police's Phone
Rihanna has donated a sizeable sum of money to the Los Angeles Police Foundation following a selfie session gone wrong at a recent basketball game. As reported by L.A. Times, L.A. Police Commission President Steve Soboroff announced Rihanna's $25,000 donation during a police commission meeting on Tuesday, May 13.
Back on Friday, May 9, RiRi was at the Los Angeles Clippers Game 3 playoff game against the Oklahoma City Thunder and she happened to have a seat next to Soboroff. He then asked the singer for a selfie while wearing an LAPD wristband to show support to the officers and she happily complied. The "Stay" singer, however, accidentally dropped Soboroff's iPhone, smashing the screen. "Sorry I broke your phone @SteveSoboroff," she apologized on Twitter.
Soboroff said that he met Rihanna again on Sunday and asked if she could sign the phone because he wanted to auction it for charity. RiRi wrote on the back of the phone, "Sorry! I [love] LAPD. Rihanna."
The bid currently reaches $56,500. Proceeds from the auction will benefit LAPD's cadet program and the Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation to support the families of fallen officers.
More Rihanna News
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia