Rihanna Donates $25,000 to LAPD After Breaking Police's Phone
Rihanna has donated a sizeable sum of money to the Los Angeles Police Foundation following a selfie session gone wrong at a recent basketball game. As reported by L.A. Times, L.A. Police Commission President Steve Soboroff announced Rihanna's $25,000 donation during a police commission meeting on Tuesday, May 13.
Back on Friday, May 9, RiRi was at the Los Angeles Clippers Game 3 playoff game against the Oklahoma City Thunder and she happened to have a seat next to Soboroff. He then asked the singer for a selfie while wearing an LAPD wristband to show support to the officers and she happily complied. The "Stay" singer, however, accidentally dropped Soboroff's iPhone, smashing the screen. "Sorry I broke your phone @SteveSoboroff," she apologized on Twitter.
Soboroff said that he met Rihanna again on Sunday and asked if she could sign the phone because he wanted to auction it for charity. RiRi wrote on the back of the phone, "Sorry! I [love] LAPD. Rihanna."
The bid currently reaches $56,500. Proceeds from the auction will benefit LAPD's cadet program and the Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation to support the families of fallen officers.
More Rihanna News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018