Rihanna Donates $25,000 to LAPD After Breaking Police's Phone
Rihanna has donated a sizeable sum of money to the Los Angeles Police Foundation following a selfie session gone wrong at a recent basketball game. As reported by L.A. Times, L.A. Police Commission President Steve Soboroff announced Rihanna's $25,000 donation during a police commission meeting on Tuesday, May 13.
Back on Friday, May 9, RiRi was at the Los Angeles Clippers Game 3 playoff game against the Oklahoma City Thunder and she happened to have a seat next to Soboroff. He then asked the singer for a selfie while wearing an LAPD wristband to show support to the officers and she happily complied. The "Stay" singer, however, accidentally dropped Soboroff's iPhone, smashing the screen. "Sorry I broke your phone @SteveSoboroff," she apologized on Twitter.
Soboroff said that he met Rihanna again on Sunday and asked if she could sign the phone because he wanted to auction it for charity. RiRi wrote on the back of the phone, "Sorry! I [love] LAPD. Rihanna."
The bid currently reaches $56,500. Proceeds from the auction will benefit LAPD's cadet program and the Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation to support the families of fallen officers.
More Rihanna News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign