'Now 50' Album Ends 'Frozen' Soundtrack's Reign on Billboard 200
The "Now 50" compilation album has made its way out to No. 1 on Billboard 200. The 50th installment of the long-running "Now That's What I Call Music!" series debuts at the chart's top spot after selling 169,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The set, which features tracks from Lorde, Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus among others, becomes the 18th "Now" album to land at No. 1. In total, all 50 album of "Now" franchise have peaked within the chart's top 10.
The "Now 50" album ends "Frozen (2013)" soundtrack's domination on Billboard 200. The latter record, which has so far spent 13 non-consecutive weeks at No. 1, now falls to No. 2 after selling additional 99,000.
Following behind "Frozen" is Hunter Hayes' "Storyline". The country star's sophomore release arrives at No. 3 with 69,000 and gives him his best sales week and highest-charting album after it surpasses his self-titled debut set which peaked at No. 7 last year.
At No. 4, Sarah McLachlan's "Shine On" comes with 42,000 copies sold. The album marks the singer/songwriter's first LP to be released via Verve Records. She previously released her music under Arista Records and Nettwerk Records.
Next, Tech N9ne scores his third top 10 album on Billboard 200 as his "Strangeulation" enters the chart at No. 5 with 36,000. The rapper's previous effort, 2013's "Something Else", debuted and peaked at No. 4.
Pharrell's "G I R L" keeps its position steady at No. 6 with 24.000. Luke Bryan's "Crash My Party", meanwhile, jumps to No. 7 from last week's No. 9 with nearly 24,000. At No. 8, Atmosphere's eighth album "Southsiders" debuts with 23,000.
Rounding out the top 10 are Santana's "Corazon" which makes its debut at No. 9 with 22,000 and Lorde's "Pure Heroine" which rises three rungs to No. 10 with 19,000.
- The "Now 50" Album - Various Artists (169,000)
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (99,000)
- "Storyline" - Hunter Hayes (69,000)
- "Shine On" - Sarah McLachlan (42,000)
- "Strangeulation" - Tech N9ne (36,000)
- "G I R L" - Pharrell Williams (24,000)
- "Crash My Party" - Luke Bryan (nearly 24,000)
- "Southsiders" - Atmosphere (23,000)
- "Corazon" - Santana (22,000)
- "Pure Heroine" - Lorde (19,000)
More Frozen News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!