Michael Jackson's Estate Lawyer Says New Sexual Abuse Allegations Are 'False'
Michael Jackson's estate recently was hit with new sexual abuse accusations, but a lawyer for the estate said that the claims were "false." On May 12, The Daily Beast reported that a man named James Safechuck, who starred in a 1987's Pepsi ad with the King of Pop when he was a child, filed a sexual assault complaint on Friday, alleging that the star molested him for several years starting when he was 10 years old.
The new claim was added into a suit filed by Wade Robson in May 2013. Robson previously testified in Jackson's defense during the star's child molestation trial in 2005, but he later changed his mind. Safechuck, who previously was named as potential victim in the case, denied that Jackson inappropriately touched him back then.
According to sources connected to the case, Safechuck, now married with two children, was molested until he was 14 or 15. The source also explained on why Safechuck only filed the complaint recently, saying, "Once you start having children and you see what it's all about ... your perspective on life changes."
In response to the allegations, an attorney for Jackson's estate Harry Weitzman said, "Twenty five years after the fact and five years after Michael Jackson passed away Mr. Safechuck - who has many times over the years denied Michael Jackson did anything inappropriate to him - is now demanding money from Michael's Estate by claiming he suddenly recalls life differently."
"His new story is that Wade Robson's nearly identical lawsuit filed a year ago by the same attorney caused him to now recall certain events," Weitzman continued. "Of course, Michael is not here to defend himself. Nonetheless, we believe these false and scurrilous allegations will not prevail."
More Michael Jackson News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'