'The Bachelorette' Star Andi Dorfman 'Devastated' by Contestant Eric Hill's Death
Andi Dorfman opens up about the death of "The Bachelorette" contestant Eric Hill in a new interview with PEOPLE. Hill passed away on April 23 at the age of 31 following a paragliding accident and Dorfman said she was "devastated" after learning of his passing.
"When I heard the news, I was devastated. Shock, devastation, grief. It's something you never could have predicted [or] expected," she said. Calling Hill a "part of our family," Dorfman continued, "And I had just seen him. He was a member of our cast and we had an inherent bond. The [other contestants] shared that bond too. It was shocking and devastating to all of us and it's still a tough thing that we're going through."
Dorfman remembered him as "the epitome of someone who lived life to the fullest." She shared, "This man had amazing stories and great experiences. His sense of adventure inspired not only me, but every guy in the house, every producer, every crew member. Everybody says they want to do stuff in their life but he was really doing it."
Hill was in a coma for a few days after his parachute collapsed in Utah. The extreme sports enthusiast already left the ABC dating show when the accident took place. The 10th season of "The Bachelorette" premieres on Monday, May 19 at 9:30 P.M. ET.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie