'The Bachelorette' Star Andi Dorfman 'Devastated' by Contestant Eric Hill's Death
Andi Dorfman opens up about the death of "The Bachelorette" contestant Eric Hill in a new interview with PEOPLE. Hill passed away on April 23 at the age of 31 following a paragliding accident and Dorfman said she was "devastated" after learning of his passing.
"When I heard the news, I was devastated. Shock, devastation, grief. It's something you never could have predicted [or] expected," she said. Calling Hill a "part of our family," Dorfman continued, "And I had just seen him. He was a member of our cast and we had an inherent bond. The [other contestants] shared that bond too. It was shocking and devastating to all of us and it's still a tough thing that we're going through."
Dorfman remembered him as "the epitome of someone who lived life to the fullest." She shared, "This man had amazing stories and great experiences. His sense of adventure inspired not only me, but every guy in the house, every producer, every crew member. Everybody says they want to do stuff in their life but he was really doing it."
Hill was in a coma for a few days after his parachute collapsed in Utah. The extreme sports enthusiast already left the ABC dating show when the accident took place. The 10th season of "The Bachelorette" premieres on Monday, May 19 at 9:30 P.M. ET.
More The Bachelorette News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding