'The Voice' Unveils Final 3 Singers, Shakira Hints at Quitting the Show
The three finalists who will be vying for the winning title on "The Voice" season 6 finals next week have been unveiled. On Tuesday, May 13, the show sent home two other singers, leaving one coach without any chance to claim victory at the end of the competition.
Jake Worthington was the first singer announced safe. Josh Kaufman followed suit after former "The Voice" finalists Jacquie Lee and Will Champlin took the stage to sing "Broken Ones" and "Eye of the Pyramid" respectively.
Season 5's winner Tessanne Chin performed "Everything Reminds Me of You" before the three other singers who were in jeopardy sang for life. Kristen Merlin covered "Blown Away" by Carrie Underwood, Kat Perkins did another song by Carrie, "Good Girl", and Christina Grimmie sang "Apologize" by OneRepublic.
Christina was saved by viewers' tweets, while Kristen and Kat were sent packing. This means Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher will be represented by a singer each on next week's finals, while Shakira has lost her chance to score a win on the show this season.
Earlier that night, Shakira hinted that she would not return to the NBC reality series after season 6. "For now, no, I don't have any plans of coming back," she told reporters when asked if she had any plans of coming back to "The Voice". "This was always a temporary thing for me to do."
The Tuesday results show also featured Rascal Flatts who performed their latest hit "Rewind".
More The Voice News
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat