'The Voice' Unveils Final 3 Singers, Shakira Hints at Quitting the Show
The three finalists who will be vying for the winning title on "The Voice" season 6 finals next week have been unveiled. On Tuesday, May 13, the show sent home two other singers, leaving one coach without any chance to claim victory at the end of the competition.
Jake Worthington was the first singer announced safe. Josh Kaufman followed suit after former "The Voice" finalists Jacquie Lee and Will Champlin took the stage to sing "Broken Ones" and "Eye of the Pyramid" respectively.
Season 5's winner Tessanne Chin performed "Everything Reminds Me of You" before the three other singers who were in jeopardy sang for life. Kristen Merlin covered "Blown Away" by Carrie Underwood, Kat Perkins did another song by Carrie, "Good Girl", and Christina Grimmie sang "Apologize" by OneRepublic.
Christina was saved by viewers' tweets, while Kristen and Kat were sent packing. This means Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher will be represented by a singer each on next week's finals, while Shakira has lost her chance to score a win on the show this season.
Earlier that night, Shakira hinted that she would not return to the NBC reality series after season 6. "For now, no, I don't have any plans of coming back," she told reporters when asked if she had any plans of coming back to "The Voice". "This was always a temporary thing for me to do."
The Tuesday results show also featured Rascal Flatts who performed their latest hit "Rewind".
More The Voice News
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'