'X-Men' Spin-Off Confirmed With Channing Tatum on Board as Gambit
Channing Tatum was handed over the role played by Taylor Kitsch in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". Fox reportedly will launch a stand-alone franchise with the "22 Jump Street" actor already on board.
Rumors that Gambit would take center stage in an "X-Men" spin-off had emerged a long time ago. The news of Tatum's casting was first hinted by "X-Men" producer Lauren Shuler Donner while she attended the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" premiere in London on Monday, May 12 night. When asked what kind of an actor she was looking at to play Gambit, Shuler Donner told Total Film, "It's Channing."
She added, "Well you know, he's a rogue - Channing - he's a rascal, just like Remy LeBeau, and he can handle the action, we all know that! And he's got a really good heart. He'll be great for Gambit and he's a Southerner, too! He's not from New Orleans, but he is a Southerner, and he understands that world."
Tatum's version of Gambit will be given an introduction in "X-Men: Apocalypse" which is scheduled for 2016. Therefore it is presumed that the Gambit movie will be released in 2018 where Fox has penciled a mystery Marvel movie. The film is already in development but no director has been attached.
Kitsch previously vowed that he was done playing heroes and that there was no chance he was playing Gambit again. However, he changed his tune later, saying he would reprise the role if Hugh Jackman invited him to in his upcoming "Wolverine" movie. "I loved playing him - he's a suave motherfucker. He's fun to play, man," he said about Gambit.
More Channing Tatum News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date