Alec Baldwin Slams Police Officer Who Stopped Him in NYC
Alec Baldwin was riding his bicycle alone for exercise on Tuesday, May 13 in NYC when he was stopped by police for biking the wrong way. Apparently, the former "30 Rock" star did not take it too well.
"Officer Moreno, badge number 23388, arrested me and handcuffed me for going the wrong way on Fifth Ave," Baldwin tweeted after the incident. "New York City is a mismanaged carnival of stupidity that is desperate for revenue and anxious to criminalize behavior once thought benign."
Baldwin complained of how priorities had changed. "Meanwhile, photographers outside my home ONCE AGAIN terrified my daughter and nearly hit her with a camera," he wrote. "The police did nothing." He and wife Hilaria have an eight-month daughter named Carmen.
According to police source, Baldwin had a behavior which did not help in his case. He was not arrested but was handcuffed and brought into Manhattan's 13th Precinct to be properly identified. According to NY Daily News, he said during the process, "How old are these officers. They don't even know who I am." An NYPD spokesman later told the paper that the station's commanding officer knew the actor from "previous run-ins with the law."
Baldwin did not provide ID when requested and yelled, "I don't have identification. Just give me the f****** summons." Because he was "arrogant and loud," the actor was given his second summons for disorderly summons. His bike was confiscated and he was scheduled to attend a court session on July 24 to answer the summonses.
More Alec Baldwin News
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder