Alec Baldwin Slams Police Officer Who Stopped Him in NYC
Alec Baldwin was riding his bicycle alone for exercise on Tuesday, May 13 in NYC when he was stopped by police for biking the wrong way. Apparently, the former "30 Rock" star did not take it too well.
"Officer Moreno, badge number 23388, arrested me and handcuffed me for going the wrong way on Fifth Ave," Baldwin tweeted after the incident. "New York City is a mismanaged carnival of stupidity that is desperate for revenue and anxious to criminalize behavior once thought benign."
Baldwin complained of how priorities had changed. "Meanwhile, photographers outside my home ONCE AGAIN terrified my daughter and nearly hit her with a camera," he wrote. "The police did nothing." He and wife Hilaria have an eight-month daughter named Carmen.
According to police source, Baldwin had a behavior which did not help in his case. He was not arrested but was handcuffed and brought into Manhattan's 13th Precinct to be properly identified. According to NY Daily News, he said during the process, "How old are these officers. They don't even know who I am." An NYPD spokesman later told the paper that the station's commanding officer knew the actor from "previous run-ins with the law."
Baldwin did not provide ID when requested and yelled, "I don't have identification. Just give me the f****** summons." Because he was "arrogant and loud," the actor was given his second summons for disorderly summons. His bike was confiscated and he was scheduled to attend a court session on July 24 to answer the summonses.
More Alec Baldwin News
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'