Peaches Geldof's Home Ransacked by Thieves Twice Since Her Death
A home which Peaches Geldof shared with her husband and their children has been raided by burglars twice since her death last month. The five-bedroom house, which is located in Wrotham, was first broken into only a week after Geldof's passing, Kent police said.
During the first incident in mid-April, the thieves took a lawnmower. Burglars did not have a chance to steal anything during the second incident after police arrived within five minutes. They tried to gain entry after breaking security cameras which set off the alarm.
"Police are investigating a burglary at an address in Wrotham, on 9 May. Officers were at the address within five minutes and no personal items are believed to have been stolen," a police spokesperson confirmed on Monday night, May 12.
Geldof and her family once posed on the ride-on lawnmower for a family photo. Her father Bob Geldof reportedly planned to fix it before the burglary took place. "I know a mobile lawnmower was taken. Bob wanted to keep it for sentimental reasons, but it was broken so he asked someone to do it up," a source told The Sun (via New York Daily News).
"I spoke to the mechanic but he said in the end they told him he couldn't repair it as it had been stolen. It's shocking to think someone would do that so soon after Peaches died," the source added.
Geldof was found dead by her husband Tom Cohen on Monday, April 7 at their home. She was 25. Cohen reportedly took his two young children Astala and Phaedra to stay with his mother after Geldof passed away.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media