Peaches Geldof's Home Ransacked by Thieves Twice Since Her Death
A home which Peaches Geldof shared with her husband and their children has been raided by burglars twice since her death last month. The five-bedroom house, which is located in Wrotham, was first broken into only a week after Geldof's passing, Kent police said.
During the first incident in mid-April, the thieves took a lawnmower. Burglars did not have a chance to steal anything during the second incident after police arrived within five minutes. They tried to gain entry after breaking security cameras which set off the alarm.
"Police are investigating a burglary at an address in Wrotham, on 9 May. Officers were at the address within five minutes and no personal items are believed to have been stolen," a police spokesperson confirmed on Monday night, May 12.
Geldof and her family once posed on the ride-on lawnmower for a family photo. Her father Bob Geldof reportedly planned to fix it before the burglary took place. "I know a mobile lawnmower was taken. Bob wanted to keep it for sentimental reasons, but it was broken so he asked someone to do it up," a source told The Sun (via New York Daily News).
"I spoke to the mechanic but he said in the end they told him he couldn't repair it as it had been stolen. It's shocking to think someone would do that so soon after Peaches died," the source added.
Geldof was found dead by her husband Tom Cohen on Monday, April 7 at their home. She was 25. Cohen reportedly took his two young children Astala and Phaedra to stay with his mother after Geldof passed away.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion