Imagine Dragons to Perform New Song at 'Transformers 4' World Premiere in Hong Kong
Imagine Dragons has recorded a new song for "Transformers: Age of Extinction" and they will perform it during the movie's upcoming world premiere in Hong Kong on June 19. The news was announced on Monday, May 12 by director Michael Bay.
According to a statement posted on his website, the song is called "Battle Cry" and it will be used in "critical points in the film." "The band contributed original music during the scoring process by recording cues with Jablonsky, the film's composer, and Hans Zimmer, who assisted in the process," the statement adds.
"We're incredibly lucky that Dan, Wayne, Ben and Daniel were available to work with us," Bay has said of working with the Dan Reynolds-fronted band. "I remember being drawn to the emotion of 'Demons' and 'Radioactive' the first time I heard those songs, and I knew I wanted that same energy and heart for this movie. They've created a really epic, otherworldly sound for 'Battle Cry'."
The announcement of Imagine Dragons' involvement was made shortly after the band's members appeared in a "Transformers 4" promo clip airing during Monday's "The Voice". The teaser offered never-before-seen footage of Autobot Hound and Grimlock in the streets of China as well as a snippet of "Battle Cry".
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" stars Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor among others. The action flick is scheduled to open in U.S. theaters on June 27.
More Imagine Dragons News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert