Imagine Dragons to Perform New Song at 'Transformers 4' World Premiere in Hong Kong
Imagine Dragons has recorded a new song for "Transformers: Age of Extinction" and they will perform it during the movie's upcoming world premiere in Hong Kong on June 19. The news was announced on Monday, May 12 by director Michael Bay.
According to a statement posted on his website, the song is called "Battle Cry" and it will be used in "critical points in the film." "The band contributed original music during the scoring process by recording cues with Jablonsky, the film's composer, and Hans Zimmer, who assisted in the process," the statement adds.
"We're incredibly lucky that Dan, Wayne, Ben and Daniel were available to work with us," Bay has said of working with the Dan Reynolds-fronted band. "I remember being drawn to the emotion of 'Demons' and 'Radioactive' the first time I heard those songs, and I knew I wanted that same energy and heart for this movie. They've created a really epic, otherworldly sound for 'Battle Cry'."
The announcement of Imagine Dragons' involvement was made shortly after the band's members appeared in a "Transformers 4" promo clip airing during Monday's "The Voice". The teaser offered never-before-seen footage of Autobot Hound and Grimlock in the streets of China as well as a snippet of "Battle Cry".
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" stars Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor among others. The action flick is scheduled to open in U.S. theaters on June 27.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist