FOX Debuts Trailers for New Series 'Empire', 'Backstrom', 'Gracepoint' and More
After announcing its fall 2014 line-up, FOX has introduced some of its new series by releasing the first trailers. Terrence Howard stars in two of them, "Empire" and "Wayward Pines".
Howard takes a lead role in "Empire", playing the head of a music empire who learns he has a disease that is going to render him crippled and incapacitated in a matter of three years. Now he must groom one of his three sons to take over his crowning achievement, without destroying his already fractured family. From Academy Award nominee Lee Daniels and Emmy Award winner Danny Strong, the drama is also supported by Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett, Bryshere Gray and Trai Byers.
"Wayward Pines" is an intense, mind-bending thriller led by Academy Award nominee Matt Dillon, who stars as a Secret Service agent who finds himself trapped in Wayward Pines when he's sent on a mission to find two missing federal agents in the bucolic town. The show has an impressive cast with Melissa Leo, Carla Gugino, Juliette Lewis and Howard taking supporting roles.
Another high-profiled show is "Gracepoint", which is an adaptation of British crime drama series "Broadchurch". In a peaceful northern California seaside town, a boy's murder turns neighbor against neighbor and sparks a media frenzy, which not only throws the boy's family into further turmoil, but also threatens to upend the lives of all of the town's residents.
Meanwhile, viewers will get a good laugh with "Backstrom" featuring "The Office" alum Rainn Wilson as Detective Lieutenant Everett Backstrom who, after a five-year exile to the traffic division for offensive behavior, has returned from disgrace to lead Portland's newly minted S.C.U. Now he must solve each crime as he tries, and fails, to change his own self-destructive behavior.
Other comedies coming to the network include "Mulaney" starring John Mulaney and Will Forte's starrer "The Last Man on Earth". Adventure drama "Hieroglyph" will take viewers to Egypt, while reality show "Utopia (2014)" will challenge 15 people to live together in an isolated, undeveloped location - for an entire year - and create their own civilization.
"Gotham", whose trailer was released earlier, "Gracepoint", "Utopia", "Mulaney" and "Red Band Society" are included in FOX's fall schedule, while the rest will likely debut in 2015.
"Wayward Pines" Trailer:
"The Last Man on Earth" Trailer
"Utopia (2014)" Trailer
More Empire News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!