Justin Timberlake Calls Decision to Leave NSYNC 'Bittersweet'
It's been 12 years since Justin Timberlake left his popular boyband NSYNC to focus on his solo career. Now, he explained his much-criticized decision to part ways with bandmates Joey Fatone, JC Chasez, Lance Bass and Chris Kirkpatrick.
"I would wake up every morning feeling this more and more of an urge to step out on my own," he said during the Sunday, May 11, season premiere of "Oprah's Master Class". The pop/R&B superstar then added that his choice drew many backlash.
"It was happening all around me: 'Why wouldn't you ride this out? You're the biggest group in the world. Why would you walk away from this?' " he recalled how people reacted to the fact that he wanted to leave the successful group which sold multi-million copies of albums.
"It's one of the best/worst things that I have ever done," Timberlake explained. "It was bittersweet. It was hard to say goodbye to that era, but I felt it changing. I felt music changing. And I felt myself changing."
After NSYNC announced their hiatus in 2002, Timberlake began working on his solo music. He put out the Grammy Award-winning "Justified" and the 2006 album "FutureSex/LoveSounds". He also worked on several movies before returning to music and releasing his 2013 double album, "The 20/20 Experience - The Complete Experience".
More Justin Timberlake News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?