'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Dave Bautista Tapped for 'Kickboxer' Remake
Remake of Jean-Claude Van Damme's 1989 cult movie "Kickboxer" is announced with pro fighters joining the cast. Dave Bautista who plays Drax the Destroyer in Marvel/Disney's "Guardians of the Galaxy" is among the ensemble.
He is joined by UFC champion Georges St-Pierre who plays Batroc in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". The main character Kurt Sloane, made famous by Van Damme, will be played by stuntman and martial artist Alain Moussi.
Stephen Fung ("Tai Chi Hero") serves as a director. "Alain is a star and will be an amazing leading man," said producer Ted Field. "Like Vin [Diesel] in 'Riddick', Alain will make this movie very special, and this Kickboxer will be the start of an amazing franchise."
The movie will tell the story of David and Kurt Sloan, the descendants of a well-known Venice, California dynasty of champions. When David wins the Karate World Championship, a promoter lures him to Hong Kong despite Kurt's protests that the man is a crook. When Kurt heads to Thailand to meet him, he discovers his brother is dead.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande