'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Dave Bautista Tapped for 'Kickboxer' Remake
Remake of Jean-Claude Van Damme's 1989 cult movie "Kickboxer" is announced with pro fighters joining the cast. Dave Bautista who plays Drax the Destroyer in Marvel/Disney's "Guardians of the Galaxy" is among the ensemble.
He is joined by UFC champion Georges St-Pierre who plays Batroc in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". The main character Kurt Sloane, made famous by Van Damme, will be played by stuntman and martial artist Alain Moussi.
Stephen Fung ("Tai Chi Hero") serves as a director. "Alain is a star and will be an amazing leading man," said producer Ted Field. "Like Vin [Diesel] in 'Riddick', Alain will make this movie very special, and this Kickboxer will be the start of an amazing franchise."
The movie will tell the story of David and Kurt Sloan, the descendants of a well-known Venice, California dynasty of champions. When David wins the Karate World Championship, a promoter lures him to Hong Kong despite Kurt's protests that the man is a crook. When Kurt heads to Thailand to meet him, he discovers his brother is dead.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?