'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Dave Bautista Tapped for 'Kickboxer' Remake
Remake of Jean-Claude Van Damme's 1989 cult movie "Kickboxer" is announced with pro fighters joining the cast. Dave Bautista who plays Drax the Destroyer in Marvel/Disney's "Guardians of the Galaxy" is among the ensemble.
He is joined by UFC champion Georges St-Pierre who plays Batroc in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". The main character Kurt Sloane, made famous by Van Damme, will be played by stuntman and martial artist Alain Moussi.
Stephen Fung ("Tai Chi Hero") serves as a director. "Alain is a star and will be an amazing leading man," said producer Ted Field. "Like Vin [Diesel] in 'Riddick', Alain will make this movie very special, and this Kickboxer will be the start of an amazing franchise."
The movie will tell the story of David and Kurt Sloan, the descendants of a well-known Venice, California dynasty of champions. When David wins the Karate World Championship, a promoter lures him to Hong Kong despite Kurt's protests that the man is a crook. When Kurt heads to Thailand to meet him, he discovers his brother is dead.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent