Report: Adam Driver to Play Han Solo and Princess Leia's Son in 'Star Wars Episode 7'
Details of Adam Driver's character in "Star Wars Episode 7" may have been revealed. A previous rumor said he landed a role "in the vein of iconic 'Star Wars' villain Darth Vader," and now a report suggests he will play Han Solo and Princess Leia's son.
Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are back reprising their roles as Han Solo and Princess Leia respectively. According to a scoop from Jedi News, their son "will be seduced to the Dark Side, and a main plot point for the movie will be their attempt to rescue him."
The other familiar faces joining the next installment include Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Kenny Baker. They are joined by new members like John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, and Domhnall Gleeson.
Denis Lawson who played special X-Wing pilot Wedge Antilles in the previous films was offered to join the cast, but he turned it down. "I'm not going to do that," the actor told The Courier. "They asked me but it just would have bored me." Last year in a chat with StarWars7News, the actor said he would agree to return if only his character was given a bigger role.
"Episode 7" is set for a December 18, 2015 release. Director J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan polish the script drafted by Michael Arndt. "Star Wars Episode 8" is scheduled for 2017, and "Star Wars Episode 9" will follow in 2019. At least three spin-offs which may focus on the origin stories are in the works as well to be released between the "Star Wars" entries.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner