Report: Adam Driver to Play Han Solo and Princess Leia's Son in 'Star Wars Episode 7'
Details of Adam Driver's character in "Star Wars Episode 7" may have been revealed. A previous rumor said he landed a role "in the vein of iconic 'Star Wars' villain Darth Vader," and now a report suggests he will play Han Solo and Princess Leia's son.
Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are back reprising their roles as Han Solo and Princess Leia respectively. According to a scoop from Jedi News, their son "will be seduced to the Dark Side, and a main plot point for the movie will be their attempt to rescue him."
The other familiar faces joining the next installment include Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Kenny Baker. They are joined by new members like John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, and Domhnall Gleeson.
Denis Lawson who played special X-Wing pilot Wedge Antilles in the previous films was offered to join the cast, but he turned it down. "I'm not going to do that," the actor told The Courier. "They asked me but it just would have bored me." Last year in a chat with StarWars7News, the actor said he would agree to return if only his character was given a bigger role.
"Episode 7" is set for a December 18, 2015 release. Director J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan polish the script drafted by Michael Arndt. "Star Wars Episode 8" is scheduled for 2017, and "Star Wars Episode 9" will follow in 2019. At least three spin-offs which may focus on the origin stories are in the works as well to be released between the "Star Wars" entries.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby