Kelly Rowland, Spike Lee and More Tapped for Pepsi's New Visual Album
Pepsi has tapped a few big names in both music and film for their just-announced visual album. Titled "Beats of the Beautiful Game", the project is made to celebrate soccer during the upcoming World Cup.
Kelly Rowland is one of the musicians whose work will be featured in the album. The former Destiny's Child member's new song called "The Game" is set to come along with its accompanying music video that was directed by filmmaker Spike Lee.
Rowland has shared her excitement to be involved in Pepsi's unique campaign. "What I love about this is how creative it is. It's a project with a whole bunch of different artists being able to do different songs. I'm excited about being a part of something like this," she said.
"To be honest, it'll be a great marketing tool for Pepsi," Lee added. "There's no reason I'd try to deny that."
"Beats of the Beautiful Game" will be released on June 10 with a new track and short film coming out each week starting May 20. The project will also include works by Janelle Monae, Timbaland, Rita Ora as well as Idris Elba.
More Kelly Rowland News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered