Widow of Driver Killed in Paul Walker's Fiery Car Crash Sues Porsche
The widow of Paul Walker's friend Roger Rodas who died alongside the actor in a fiery car crash late last year has filed a wrongful death and negligence lawsuit against Porsche, alleging that faulty mechanics contributed to the tragic crash. Kristine Rodas filed the lawsuit on Monday, May 12 in Los Angeles, saying that the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT driven by her husband had a flaw in the suspension.
"The failure of the suspension component allowed the right rear wheel to twist to a left steer attitude ... Despite Mr. Rodas' attempt to steer the vehicle left in order to stay on the road, the Porsche continued its path off-road, ultimately ending in the fatal crash," read the suit, as quoted by Radar Online.
Rodas and the "Fast and Furious" star were attending a charity event in Santa Clarita, Calif. that day. Rodas only drove a few hundred yards away from the location when he lost control. The car hit a pole and was engulfed in flames.
As reported by TMZ, the suit also claimed that the car had no proper "crash cage" and a "racing fuel cell." The "fuel cell," according to the suit, is put in racing cars to prevent fuel from igniting. Rodas additionally alleged that the company never warned customers about crashes involving Porsche Carrera GT. She also said her husband drove the car in 55 mph before the crash.
An investigation into the crash was launched and Los Angeles County Sheriff's Commander Mike Parker said in late March that the crash was caused by "unsafe speed for the roadway conditions." According to the investigation, the car traveled between 80 and 93 mph. Toxicology results for both men came clean.
More Paul Walker News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville