Widow of Driver Killed in Paul Walker's Fiery Car Crash Sues Porsche
The widow of Paul Walker's friend Roger Rodas who died alongside the actor in a fiery car crash late last year has filed a wrongful death and negligence lawsuit against Porsche, alleging that faulty mechanics contributed to the tragic crash. Kristine Rodas filed the lawsuit on Monday, May 12 in Los Angeles, saying that the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT driven by her husband had a flaw in the suspension.
"The failure of the suspension component allowed the right rear wheel to twist to a left steer attitude ... Despite Mr. Rodas' attempt to steer the vehicle left in order to stay on the road, the Porsche continued its path off-road, ultimately ending in the fatal crash," read the suit, as quoted by Radar Online.
Rodas and the "Fast and Furious" star were attending a charity event in Santa Clarita, Calif. that day. Rodas only drove a few hundred yards away from the location when he lost control. The car hit a pole and was engulfed in flames.
As reported by TMZ, the suit also claimed that the car had no proper "crash cage" and a "racing fuel cell." The "fuel cell," according to the suit, is put in racing cars to prevent fuel from igniting. Rodas additionally alleged that the company never warned customers about crashes involving Porsche Carrera GT. She also said her husband drove the car in 55 mph before the crash.
An investigation into the crash was launched and Los Angeles County Sheriff's Commander Mike Parker said in late March that the crash was caused by "unsafe speed for the roadway conditions." According to the investigation, the car traveled between 80 and 93 mph. Toxicology results for both men came clean.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal