Sherri Shepherd Files Her Own Divorce Papers
Sherri Shepherd may remain mum about her split from husband Lamar Sally on "The View" and her Twitter page but she quietly slapped him with a divorce filing. The talk show co-host filed her own divorce documents a week after Sally filed for legal separation from her.
Shepherd filed her documents in New Jersey, citing irreconcilable differences. According to TMZ, Shepherd made no mention about their unborn child, a baby boy who is due in July via surrogate, in her filings. Sally wanted a full legal and physical custody of the baby with "reasonable" visitation for Shepherd.
While Sally asked for their prenup to be "invalidated on grounds of fraud," Shepherd wanted it "enforced." Married in August 2011, Shepherd and Sally agreed in the prenup that he would get only $60,000 if the marriage lasted two to five years.
Shepherd appeared on the Monday, May 12 episode of "The View" as usual without mentioning her life drama. "She was really in business mode," the show source told PEOPLE. "She clearly is not ready to talk about these issues, and everyone wanted to respect that."
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now