Sherri Shepherd Files Her Own Divorce Papers
Sherri Shepherd may remain mum about her split from husband Lamar Sally on "The View" and her Twitter page but she quietly slapped him with a divorce filing. The talk show co-host filed her own divorce documents a week after Sally filed for legal separation from her.
Shepherd filed her documents in New Jersey, citing irreconcilable differences. According to TMZ, Shepherd made no mention about their unborn child, a baby boy who is due in July via surrogate, in her filings. Sally wanted a full legal and physical custody of the baby with "reasonable" visitation for Shepherd.
While Sally asked for their prenup to be "invalidated on grounds of fraud," Shepherd wanted it "enforced." Married in August 2011, Shepherd and Sally agreed in the prenup that he would get only $60,000 if the marriage lasted two to five years.
Shepherd appeared on the Monday, May 12 episode of "The View" as usual without mentioning her life drama. "She was really in business mode," the show source told PEOPLE. "She clearly is not ready to talk about these issues, and everyone wanted to respect that."
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her