'Transformers: Age of Extinction' New Poster and Stills Show Off New Weapons
A giant robot T-Rex becomes the centerpiece of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" new poster. Fans are given a closer and detailed look of Optimus Prime riding the Grimlocks while holding his gigantic sword.
Beside the main key art, Paramount Pictures has also released several other stills from the movie that boast the new weapons. Bumblebee is seen with star-alike plates on his arms and a gun which is slightly different from the one he used in the last film. Optimus Prime's power sword is given a close-up look in one of the pics.
Speaking of the armory that are used in the fourth film, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura said, "The sword is emblematic of what we've done to Optimus Prime as a whole. He's been upgraded with more abilities." The autobot disguised himself as a Western Star truck which is bullet-hole ridden while Bumblebee disguised himself as a yellow Camaro. They ''are bigger and badder-ass than they have ever been," said di Bonaventura.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" begins three years after the Battle of Chicago. Shia LaBeouf is no longer in the picture, being replaced by a set of new faces including Mark Wahlberg. Set in Texas, the film follows a mechanic and his daughter who make a discovery that brings down the Autobots, Decepticons, and a paranoid government agency down on them.
"A lot of people are like, 'What does that mean, Transformers 4?' It's like Batman with a new suit. We needed to change the look from top to bottom," Michael Bay who directed the live-action movie previously said. "Age of Extinction" hits U.S. theaters June 27.
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub