Judge Orders Investigation Into Ailing Casey Kasem's Location
A judge is concerned about Casey Kasem's whereabouts and launched an investigation into the issue after a lawyer for Casey's wife said that the ailing radio personality was removed from the country and he did not know where Casey was. On Monday, May 12, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Daniel S. Murphy ordered an investigator to seek information on Casey's location.
"I have no idea where he is," said Craig Marcus, an attorney for Jean Kasem's wife, as quoted by The Associated Press. "Your statement concern me even more," the judge said. Marcus added that Casey's wife had the right to move the voice actor to other facilities as she saw fit.
During the Monday hearing, Casey's daughter Kerri Kasem was appointed a temporary caretaker. Kerri's attorney Troy Martin said that the family believed Casey was moved to an Indian reservation in Washington state.
Kasem, who celebrated his 82nd birthday in April, has been suffering from Parkinson's disease and he no longer can speak. His three children from previous marriage were battling his current wife, Jean, after she allegedly did not allow family and friends to visit him.
"We're going to find him, take care of him and love him. He's going to be with family, not stuck in some unfamiliar place where he's dying alone," Kerri told New York Daily News. "I'm just praying to God she hasn't hurt him. He's very ill and fragile right now. He would need an airplane with special medical services."
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event