Judge Orders Investigation Into Ailing Casey Kasem's Location
A judge is concerned about Casey Kasem's whereabouts and launched an investigation into the issue after a lawyer for Casey's wife said that the ailing radio personality was removed from the country and he did not know where Casey was. On Monday, May 12, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Daniel S. Murphy ordered an investigator to seek information on Casey's location.
"I have no idea where he is," said Craig Marcus, an attorney for Jean Kasem's wife, as quoted by The Associated Press. "Your statement concern me even more," the judge said. Marcus added that Casey's wife had the right to move the voice actor to other facilities as she saw fit.
During the Monday hearing, Casey's daughter Kerri Kasem was appointed a temporary caretaker. Kerri's attorney Troy Martin said that the family believed Casey was moved to an Indian reservation in Washington state.
Kasem, who celebrated his 82nd birthday in April, has been suffering from Parkinson's disease and he no longer can speak. His three children from previous marriage were battling his current wife, Jean, after she allegedly did not allow family and friends to visit him.
"We're going to find him, take care of him and love him. He's going to be with family, not stuck in some unfamiliar place where he's dying alone," Kerri told New York Daily News. "I'm just praying to God she hasn't hurt him. He's very ill and fragile right now. He would need an airplane with special medical services."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed