Dr. Dre's $3M Lawsuit Against Death Row Records Dismissed
Earlier this year, Dr. Dre filed a new lawsuit against his former label Death Row Records. Now, TMZ reports that the suit, which finds the rapper/businessman demanding $3 million from the bankrupt label, has been dismissed by judge.
Dre was seeking compensation for back payments from mechanical royalties, artist-producer royalties, digital sales and other items which were earned when the label was going through bankruptcy. He hoped he would get paid before the long list of creditors whom the label also owed money to.
Dre won't be getting any money from Death Row, but he's still one of the richest men in the business. The 49-year-old entertainer and his partner Jimmy Iovine recently sold their Beats Electronics company to Apple for $3.2 billion.
Dre, who declared himself as "the first billionaire in hip-hop" following the acquisition, is also now in the process of purchasing New England Patriots' quarterback Tom Brady and his model wife Gisele Bundchen's mansion for $50 million.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce