Octavia Spencer Joins 'Insurgent' as Amity Leader
The "Divergent" sequel, "Insurgent" has added Octavia Spencer to its cast list. Lionsgate announced on Monday, May 12 that the Academy Award winner is to play Johanna, the leader of Amity faction, whom the main characters seek help from during the crisis.
Johanna's faction is dedicated to peacefulness, kindness, forgiveness, trust, self-sufficiency and neutrality. In the second film, Tris searches for allies and answers in the dystopian ruins of a futuristic Chicago while on the run with Four and hunted by the leader of the power-hungry Erudite elite.
Shailene Woodley, Theo James and Kate Winslet are back in the second installment. Robert Schwentke is directing the film from a screenplay by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman. "Insurgent" is set to be released in the U.S. on March 20, 2015.
The film franchise is based on a trilogy book series by Veronica Roth. The third book will be divided into two films, "Allegiant - Part 1"and "Allegiant - Part 2", which are scheduled to hit the big screen on March 18, 2016, and March 24, 2017, respectively.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media