Octavia Spencer Joins 'Insurgent' as Amity Leader
The "Divergent" sequel, "Insurgent" has added Octavia Spencer to its cast list. Lionsgate announced on Monday, May 12 that the Academy Award winner is to play Johanna, the leader of Amity faction, whom the main characters seek help from during the crisis.
Johanna's faction is dedicated to peacefulness, kindness, forgiveness, trust, self-sufficiency and neutrality. In the second film, Tris searches for allies and answers in the dystopian ruins of a futuristic Chicago while on the run with Four and hunted by the leader of the power-hungry Erudite elite.
Shailene Woodley, Theo James and Kate Winslet are back in the second installment. Robert Schwentke is directing the film from a screenplay by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman. "Insurgent" is set to be released in the U.S. on March 20, 2015.
The film franchise is based on a trilogy book series by Veronica Roth. The third book will be divided into two films, "Allegiant - Part 1"and "Allegiant - Part 2", which are scheduled to hit the big screen on March 18, 2016, and March 24, 2017, respectively.
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball