Hotel Releases Statement on Video Showing Solange Knowles' Attack on Jay-Z
The surveillance video capturing Solange Knowles going berserk at her brother-in-law Jay-Z quickly became viral. Standard Hotel in New York's Meatpacking District, which housed the event the stars attended, promised that they would investigate the person behind the video leak.
"We are investigating with the utmost urgency the circumstances surrounding the situation and, as is our customary practice, will discipline and prosecute the individuals involved to our fullest capacity," the hotel said in a statement on Monday, May 12. They made no mention of Jay-Z, Solange or Beyonce Knowles.
The security video showed two women, presumably Solange and her sister Beyonce, entering the elevator with two men, presumably Jay-Z and a bodyguard. As soon as the door closed, Solange confronted Jay-Z and lunged her hands and feet at him. The bodyguard held her back by the waist but that did not stop her from throwing more punches and kicks. She also attempted to smack the rapper with her purse, spilling the content to the elevator's floor.
During the three-and-a-half-minute video without audio, Beyonce did not meddle in the fight and was not physically injured. TMZ, which posted the video said she left the place with Solange while Jay-Z was ushered to a different car. The clothes they were wearing indicated that they were attending Met Gala benefit on May 5 evening.
The leak of the video is considered a breach of security and guest confidentiality.
More Solange Knowles News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage