Artist of the Week: Michael Jackson
It's been five years since Michael Jackson was found dead in a Los Angeles mansion, but he still can make millions of people feel excited over his new music. A second posthumous album by the late King of Pop is the proof.
Called "Xscape", the highly-anticipated and much-talked-about record is set to hit the stores on Tuesday, May 13. Epic Records' L.A. Reid, the man who first came up with the idea of making the album, hired a number of producers including Timbaland to work on it.
Tim, who serves as executive producer, collaborated with Rodney Jerkins, Stargate and John McClain among others to give modern touch to the eight songs that were recorded by Jackson between 1983 to 1999.
"I listened to Michael having a conversation in 'This Is It'. He was doing a prayer with his team on 'This is It' as they were about to embark on that tour, and he said to them, 'It's about escape-ism,' " Reid recently told ET Online of the upcoming album's title.
"Xscape", which serves as the follow-up to MJ's 2010 posthumous release "Michael", has spawned lead single titled "Love Never Felt So Good". The song was debuted at the inaugural iHeart Radio Music Awards which took place in early May.
The track, which the late star co-wrote with Paul Anka in 1980s, came in two versions with one featuring guest vocals from Justin Timberlake. Both versions received positive reviews. The song recently landed at No. 20 on Billboard 100.
More Michael Jackson News
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'