Artist of the Week: Michael Jackson
It's been five years since Michael Jackson was found dead in a Los Angeles mansion, but he still can make millions of people feel excited over his new music. A second posthumous album by the late King of Pop is the proof.
Called "Xscape", the highly-anticipated and much-talked-about record is set to hit the stores on Tuesday, May 13. Epic Records' L.A. Reid, the man who first came up with the idea of making the album, hired a number of producers including Timbaland to work on it.
Tim, who serves as executive producer, collaborated with Rodney Jerkins, Stargate and John McClain among others to give modern touch to the eight songs that were recorded by Jackson between 1983 to 1999.
"I listened to Michael having a conversation in 'This Is It'. He was doing a prayer with his team on 'This is It' as they were about to embark on that tour, and he said to them, 'It's about escape-ism,' " Reid recently told ET Online of the upcoming album's title.
"Xscape", which serves as the follow-up to MJ's 2010 posthumous release "Michael", has spawned lead single titled "Love Never Felt So Good". The song was debuted at the inaugural iHeart Radio Music Awards which took place in early May.
The track, which the late star co-wrote with Paul Anka in 1980s, came in two versions with one featuring guest vocals from Justin Timberlake. Both versions received positive reviews. The song recently landed at No. 20 on Billboard 100.
More Michael Jackson News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'