CBS Renews 'The Mentalist', Cancels 'Crazy Ones', 'Intelligence' and Three Other Rookies
"The Mentalist" will be back for another season. After being in limbo since its ratings continously decrease in its sixth season, the long-running procedural series has been officially renewed for a 13-episode 7th season. Words are, it will likely be the last season for the Simon Baker starrer, but CBS has not confirmed it.
On the other hand, the network has decided to cancel five freshmen. Rookie comedies "The Crazy Ones", "Bad Teacher" and "Friends with Better Lives" as well as dramas "Intelligence" and "Hostages" have all been canceled after just one season each.
CBS unveiled the fate of these shows after announcing several new series pick-ups for next TV season. The recently greenlit ones include two spin-offs, "NCIS: New Orleans" and "CSI: Cyber". Also getting series orders are two comedies "The Odd Couple" and "The McCarthys" as well as dramas "Battle Creek", "Stalker", "Madam Secretary", "Scorpion".
"The Mentalist" season 6 finale preview:
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'