CBS Renews 'The Mentalist', Cancels 'Crazy Ones', 'Intelligence' and Three Other Rookies
"The Mentalist" will be back for another season. After being in limbo since its ratings continously decrease in its sixth season, the long-running procedural series has been officially renewed for a 13-episode 7th season. Words are, it will likely be the last season for the Simon Baker starrer, but CBS has not confirmed it.
On the other hand, the network has decided to cancel five freshmen. Rookie comedies "The Crazy Ones", "Bad Teacher" and "Friends with Better Lives" as well as dramas "Intelligence" and "Hostages" have all been canceled after just one season each.
CBS unveiled the fate of these shows after announcing several new series pick-ups for next TV season. The recently greenlit ones include two spin-offs, "NCIS: New Orleans" and "CSI: Cyber". Also getting series orders are two comedies "The Odd Couple" and "The McCarthys" as well as dramas "Battle Creek", "Stalker", "Madam Secretary", "Scorpion".
"The Mentalist" season 6 finale preview:
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour