CBS Renews 'The Mentalist', Cancels 'Crazy Ones', 'Intelligence' and Three Other Rookies
"The Mentalist" will be back for another season. After being in limbo since its ratings continously decrease in its sixth season, the long-running procedural series has been officially renewed for a 13-episode 7th season. Words are, it will likely be the last season for the Simon Baker starrer, but CBS has not confirmed it.
On the other hand, the network has decided to cancel five freshmen. Rookie comedies "The Crazy Ones", "Bad Teacher" and "Friends with Better Lives" as well as dramas "Intelligence" and "Hostages" have all been canceled after just one season each.
CBS unveiled the fate of these shows after announcing several new series pick-ups for next TV season. The recently greenlit ones include two spin-offs, "NCIS: New Orleans" and "CSI: Cyber". Also getting series orders are two comedies "The Odd Couple" and "The McCarthys" as well as dramas "Battle Creek", "Stalker", "Madam Secretary", "Scorpion".
"The Mentalist" season 6 finale preview:
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21