CBS Renews 'The Mentalist', Cancels 'Crazy Ones', 'Intelligence' and Three Other Rookies
"The Mentalist" will be back for another season. After being in limbo since its ratings continously decrease in its sixth season, the long-running procedural series has been officially renewed for a 13-episode 7th season. Words are, it will likely be the last season for the Simon Baker starrer, but CBS has not confirmed it.
On the other hand, the network has decided to cancel five freshmen. Rookie comedies "The Crazy Ones", "Bad Teacher" and "Friends with Better Lives" as well as dramas "Intelligence" and "Hostages" have all been canceled after just one season each.
CBS unveiled the fate of these shows after announcing several new series pick-ups for next TV season. The recently greenlit ones include two spin-offs, "NCIS: New Orleans" and "CSI: Cyber". Also getting series orders are two comedies "The Odd Couple" and "The McCarthys" as well as dramas "Battle Creek", "Stalker", "Madam Secretary", "Scorpion".
"The Mentalist" season 6 finale preview:
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones