'Star Wars: Episode 7' to Start Filming on Tuesday in Abu Dhabi Desert
"Star Wars: Episode 7" is reportedly going to start filming this week in an Abu Dhabi desert. The National, a local English newspaper which broke the news, reports that the shoot is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, May 13 and run through the end of the month.
The Abu Dhabi set is expected to be used for Tatooine, the home world of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker. According to the newspaper, some massive scale sets have been built on the location. Local police and military are checking all vehicles in the area and preventing tourists from getting anywhere near the sets.
"Our sources also report that the sets are getting closer to completion, with a 'whole world' having been built on an otherworldly salt lake at one location, a 'shuttle-like' spacecraft, a large tower, a 'big, centuries-old-looking market,' something the crew are reportedly referring to as the 'alien house' and 10 to 15 'really fast buggies' powered by jet engines," The National writes.
It also also adds that a lot of explosives have been brought to a site and that a "blast crater" has been created. Some of the movie's cast members are spotted around the location and practicing driving the vehicles they'll use during the filming.
"Star Wars: Episode 7" will see Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford reprising their respective iconic role. They'll be joined by other cast members including John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson and Max von Sydow. J.J. Abrams is directing the project based on a screenplay he co-wrote with Lawrence Kasdan. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed