Big Boi Signs New Deal With Epic Records
Big Boi is currently busy headlining numerous festival dates as one-half of newly-reunited OutKast, but he's already considering to work on a solo project. He revealed his plan to record a new album by announcing that he'd recently signed a new deal with Epic records.
"I just signed a deal with Epic Records," Big Boi told the Huffington Post and added that he signed the contract last month. "So I'm back with L.A. Reid and Sylvia Rhone. Got a brand new situation. I signed the deal the day after the first Coachella date, that Saturday."
Big Boi and L.A. Reid have had a long history. OutKast, which also consists of Andre 3000 a.k.a. Andre Benjamin, joined Reid's LaFace Records in 1992. When OutKast was on a break, Big Boi joined Def Jam as a solo artist after Reid became the CEO. The Atlanta rapper put out two successful albums, 2010's "Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty" and 2012's "Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors", through the label.
"That's my mentor," Big Boi explained of reuniting with Reid on Epic Records. "He understands my music. And one thing about L.A. Reid, there are no creative restraints. He trusts my ear and let's me make the music I want to make. We love being in business together. That's my big brother."
He went on talking about his new album and his plan to release new songs before 2014 ends. "The album I'm not gonna rush," he said. "I wanted to put something out before the end of the year. It depends, because me and Dre got a lot of work to do from now until the end of October. [But] you're definitely going to get some brand new Big Boi material. Two or three singles before the fall."
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video