Trey Songz Premieres 'SmartPhones' Music Video
Trey Songz proves that technology can destroy a relationship in a new music video for his track called "SmartPhones". The black-and-white visuals first arrived via a mobile web app before being made available on YouTube.
It opens with Trey enjoying a wild night out with three ladies. While in bed with a girl, he accidentally calls his lover who's waiting for him at home. Realizing that he's been caught cheating, he quickly heads home and finds his girlfriend nearly drowns herself in the pool.
"These phones are so smart in all that they do, that it's like they're an extension of our brain, but what they can't do is always prevent human error and human nature," Trey Songz told Mashable. "The mistakes that we as humans make, the relationships that we make and we break, no amount of technology can save."
"SmartPhones" is a slow-tempo ballad that will likely appear in "Trigga", Trey's upcoming album that is expected to come out sometime this summer. "I'ma be having fun on the album," the singer recently said of the follow-up to 2012's "Chapter V". "There's a lot of great records on there. I worked with a lot of great people and I'm still recording every day."
Trey Songz's "SmartPhones" music video
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction in High-Slit Dress at amfAR Gala