Trey Songz Premieres 'SmartPhones' Music Video
Trey Songz proves that technology can destroy a relationship in a new music video for his track called "SmartPhones". The black-and-white visuals first arrived via a mobile web app before being made available on YouTube.
It opens with Trey enjoying a wild night out with three ladies. While in bed with a girl, he accidentally calls his lover who's waiting for him at home. Realizing that he's been caught cheating, he quickly heads home and finds his girlfriend nearly drowns herself in the pool.
"These phones are so smart in all that they do, that it's like they're an extension of our brain, but what they can't do is always prevent human error and human nature," Trey Songz told Mashable. "The mistakes that we as humans make, the relationships that we make and we break, no amount of technology can save."
"SmartPhones" is a slow-tempo ballad that will likely appear in "Trigga", Trey's upcoming album that is expected to come out sometime this summer. "I'ma be having fun on the album," the singer recently said of the follow-up to 2012's "Chapter V". "There's a lot of great records on there. I worked with a lot of great people and I'm still recording every day."
Trey Songz's "SmartPhones" music video
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective