Trey Songz Premieres 'SmartPhones' Music Video
Trey Songz proves that technology can destroy a relationship in a new music video for his track called "SmartPhones". The black-and-white visuals first arrived via a mobile web app before being made available on YouTube.
It opens with Trey enjoying a wild night out with three ladies. While in bed with a girl, he accidentally calls his lover who's waiting for him at home. Realizing that he's been caught cheating, he quickly heads home and finds his girlfriend nearly drowns herself in the pool.
"These phones are so smart in all that they do, that it's like they're an extension of our brain, but what they can't do is always prevent human error and human nature," Trey Songz told Mashable. "The mistakes that we as humans make, the relationships that we make and we break, no amount of technology can save."
"SmartPhones" is a slow-tempo ballad that will likely appear in "Trigga", Trey's upcoming album that is expected to come out sometime this summer. "I'ma be having fun on the album," the singer recently said of the follow-up to 2012's "Chapter V". "There's a lot of great records on there. I worked with a lot of great people and I'm still recording every day."
Trey Songz's "SmartPhones" music video
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival