Trey Songz Premieres 'SmartPhones' Music Video
Trey Songz proves that technology can destroy a relationship in a new music video for his track called "SmartPhones". The black-and-white visuals first arrived via a mobile web app before being made available on YouTube.
It opens with Trey enjoying a wild night out with three ladies. While in bed with a girl, he accidentally calls his lover who's waiting for him at home. Realizing that he's been caught cheating, he quickly heads home and finds his girlfriend nearly drowns herself in the pool.
"These phones are so smart in all that they do, that it's like they're an extension of our brain, but what they can't do is always prevent human error and human nature," Trey Songz told Mashable. "The mistakes that we as humans make, the relationships that we make and we break, no amount of technology can save."
"SmartPhones" is a slow-tempo ballad that will likely appear in "Trigga", Trey's upcoming album that is expected to come out sometime this summer. "I'ma be having fun on the album," the singer recently said of the follow-up to 2012's "Chapter V". "There's a lot of great records on there. I worked with a lot of great people and I'm still recording every day."
Trey Songz's "SmartPhones" music video
More Trey Songz News
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'