NBC Journalist Ann Curry Rescued by Boy Scouts During Hiking
Ann Curry is grateful after she found help when an accident took place during recent hiking trip. The NBC journalist fell and broke her ankle when hiking in New York's Harriman State Park last month and she was rescued by some Boy Scouts.
Curry took to Twitter over the weekend to talk about the incident. "If you break a leg on on a mountain, I hope Boy Scout Troop 368 finds you. Boy am I glad they found me," she wrote, adding a link to the Boy Scout's page.
According to a post on coutingmagazine.org, some Scouts from Troop and Crew 368 from Berkeley Heights, NJ were on training when they found Curry sitting with one leg stretched. After learning that her ankle might be broken, the Scouts made a splint for her leg. They also collected some woods to make a stretcher. One of them tested the makeshift stretcher before they put Curry on it.
The group then handed Curry to her family who thanked them for their help. "You guys are the best. I don't know what I would do without you guys," her husband said, according to Scoutmaster Rick Jurgens.
"I feel enormously lucky you came along at just the right moment, and were so willing to help a stranger in need. You are a credit to the Boy Scouts and to your families, and I want you to know I am deeply grateful for your kindness and skill," Curry later thanked them in a letter. One of the crew leaders, a 17-year-old Chris Tribuna, told New York Daily News, "We were just doing what Boy Scouts do."
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'