Larry Wilmore to Host Comedy Central's 'Minority Report' to Replace Stephen Colbert
Stephen Colbert's successor on Comedy Central is revealed. The network is working with Jon Stewart's production company, Busboy Productions, to create a new show as a replacement for "The Colbert Report", with comedian Larry Wilmore serving as a host.
Wilmore is known as Senior Black Correspondent in "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart". He is expected to host "The Minority Report with Larry Wilmore" as Colbert's show is ending by the end of this year and he leaves to replace David Letterman on CBS's "Late Show".
They are still working on the specifics of the format, but the "Minority Report" is expected to be a panel of "underrepresented" voices led by Mr. Wilmore as they are commenting on the issues of the day in a comedic, scripted format. "We are so excited to have a fresh idea for late night," said Michele Ganeless, the president of Comedy Central.
The "Minority Report" is expected to begin airing sometime in January next year, taking up the 11:30 P.M. time slot after Stewart's "Daily Show". "While Larry Wilmore is a brilliant comic and showrunner, this is all just a complicated ruse to get him to move to New York and turn him into a Knicks fan," Stewart said. Wilmore responded, "I love the city of New York and promise to only wear my Laker t-shirts when I'm layering."
More Stephen Colbert News
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown