Larry Wilmore to Host Comedy Central's 'Minority Report' to Replace Stephen Colbert
Stephen Colbert's successor on Comedy Central is revealed. The network is working with Jon Stewart's production company, Busboy Productions, to create a new show as a replacement for "The Colbert Report", with comedian Larry Wilmore serving as a host.
Wilmore is known as Senior Black Correspondent in "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart". He is expected to host "The Minority Report with Larry Wilmore" as Colbert's show is ending by the end of this year and he leaves to replace David Letterman on CBS's "Late Show".
They are still working on the specifics of the format, but the "Minority Report" is expected to be a panel of "underrepresented" voices led by Mr. Wilmore as they are commenting on the issues of the day in a comedic, scripted format. "We are so excited to have a fresh idea for late night," said Michele Ganeless, the president of Comedy Central.
The "Minority Report" is expected to begin airing sometime in January next year, taking up the 11:30 P.M. time slot after Stewart's "Daily Show". "While Larry Wilmore is a brilliant comic and showrunner, this is all just a complicated ruse to get him to move to New York and turn him into a Knicks fan," Stewart said. Wilmore responded, "I love the city of New York and promise to only wear my Laker t-shirts when I'm layering."
More Stephen Colbert News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert