Larry Wilmore to Host Comedy Central's 'Minority Report' to Replace Stephen Colbert
Stephen Colbert's successor on Comedy Central is revealed. The network is working with Jon Stewart's production company, Busboy Productions, to create a new show as a replacement for "The Colbert Report", with comedian Larry Wilmore serving as a host.
Wilmore is known as Senior Black Correspondent in "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart". He is expected to host "The Minority Report with Larry Wilmore" as Colbert's show is ending by the end of this year and he leaves to replace David Letterman on CBS's "Late Show".
They are still working on the specifics of the format, but the "Minority Report" is expected to be a panel of "underrepresented" voices led by Mr. Wilmore as they are commenting on the issues of the day in a comedic, scripted format. "We are so excited to have a fresh idea for late night," said Michele Ganeless, the president of Comedy Central.
The "Minority Report" is expected to begin airing sometime in January next year, taking up the 11:30 P.M. time slot after Stewart's "Daily Show". "While Larry Wilmore is a brilliant comic and showrunner, this is all just a complicated ruse to get him to move to New York and turn him into a Knicks fan," Stewart said. Wilmore responded, "I love the city of New York and promise to only wear my Laker t-shirts when I'm layering."
More Stephen Colbert News
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer