'X-Men: Apocalypse' and 'Wolverine 3' Likely to Film Back-to-Back
At least two "X-Men" movies are in the can after "X-Men: Days of Future Past" which is due May 23. "X-Men: Apocalypse" is planned for May 27, 2016, and "The Wolverine 3" is coming after that. With such a tight schedule, producers Lauren Shuler Donner and Hutch Parker say they consider to film them back-to-back.
"We're trying," Donner told Collider. Parker chimed in, "We are." Of the possible start date, Donner said, "We announced Apocalypse to come out in 2016, so that means we have to shoot next summer. And then we'd have to shoot our new Wolverine movie either before or after that. I think after because it will come out after."
Parker added, "And as much as you have an ambition for these things, it is, as you said about Hugh, getting a script that everybody feels is ready and right. Because that is the foundation on which everything is built. So I think the goal will be Apocalypse for 2016, which means at the latest [filming begins] in summer 2015, and then the same thing with Wolverine, either before or after, but based on the script."
Hugh Jackman himself said it would be easier for him to keep his physique if they do film both movies back-to-back. When asked if going from one "X-Men" movie to another as Wolverine was too much for him physically, he stated, "No, in a weird way that has crossed my mind if that's the way things play out, because physically, even though I was complaining about it because I found out about [Days of Future Past] a month before I finished 'The Wolverine', so I was already planning on my cheat meals."
"It's much easier because it's tough to get there, physically, but once you're there, it's easier to maintain it," Jackman continued. While no official announcement is made, the actor and the producers seemed to confirm that he would reprise his role in "Apocalypse".
In separate chat with Latino-Review, Jackman revealed he and director James Mangold already had a story in mind. While carefully not to give anything away, the actor said the third "Wolverine" movie would take place in a "completely different head space, world space, in every way somewhere different that you haven't seen him before."
He previously said the movie would likely be his last performance as the clawed mutant. "If I did another one I'm 99.9% sure it would be the last," so he said.
More X-Men: Apocalypse News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'