CBS Orders 'NCIS', 'CSI' Spinoffs and More to Series
CBS has ordered a bunch of new shows, which consist of dramas and two comedies. "NCIS: New Orleans", "CSI: Cyber" and Tea Leoni-starring "Madam Secretary" are among dramas which receive the greenlights. "The Odd Couple" and "The McCarthys" are also included in the list.
On "NCIS: New Orleans", Scott Bakula's character will investigate cases handled by the NCIS New Orleans office. Other cast members include Paige Turco, Lucas Black, CCH Pounder and Zoe McLellan. "CSI: Cyber", meanwhile, tells the story of Patricia Arquette's character who solves cyber-related crimes. On "Madam Secretary", Leoni will play the U.S. secretary of state who tries to balance her job and family life.
In addition to the said titles, "Scorpion" which stars Katharine McPhee and Robert Patrick among others has also been picked. The action series focuses on the story of a genius and a network of super-geniuses who defend the world from various modern threats. Starring Dylan McDermott and Maggie Q, another series called "Stalker" follows the story of detectives who investigate stalking cases in Los Angeles area.
On "The Odd Couple", "Friends" alum Matthew Perry portrays a messy Oscar alongside Thomas Lennon who plays the neat Felix. Another comedy series "The McCarthys", starring Jack McGee, Joey McIntyre and Laurie Metcalf, follows the story of an Irish Catholic family and their gay son.
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24