'Mission: Impossible V' Gets New Writer
A new writer is tapped to pen "Mission: Impossible V", The Hollywood Reporter learns. Will Staples boards the project to write the latest chapter in Ethan Hunt's adventure. "Iron Man 3" scribe Drew Pearce was previously attached to work on the screenplay.
Staples' writing credits include video games "Need for Speed: Rivals" and "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3". He's attached to write Ben Affleck starrer "Blood & Treasure" for Warner Bros, Fox's "Myth", and Jeremy Renner's starring vehicle "King of Heists".
The upcoming movie is set to be released in the United States on December 25, 2015. Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg are expected to reprise their roles. Christopher McQuarrie ("Jack Reacher") serves behind the lens, and Jessica Chastain is reportedly offered to play the "right hand woman" to Tom Cruise's Hunt.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group