'Mission: Impossible V' Gets New Writer
A new writer is tapped to pen "Mission: Impossible V", The Hollywood Reporter learns. Will Staples boards the project to write the latest chapter in Ethan Hunt's adventure. "Iron Man 3" scribe Drew Pearce was previously attached to work on the screenplay.
Staples' writing credits include video games "Need for Speed: Rivals" and "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3". He's attached to write Ben Affleck starrer "Blood & Treasure" for Warner Bros, Fox's "Myth", and Jeremy Renner's starring vehicle "King of Heists".
The upcoming movie is set to be released in the United States on December 25, 2015. Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg are expected to reprise their roles. Christopher McQuarrie ("Jack Reacher") serves behind the lens, and Jessica Chastain is reportedly offered to play the "right hand woman" to Tom Cruise's Hunt.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance