'Mission: Impossible V' Gets New Writer
A new writer is tapped to pen "Mission: Impossible V", The Hollywood Reporter learns. Will Staples boards the project to write the latest chapter in Ethan Hunt's adventure. "Iron Man 3" scribe Drew Pearce was previously attached to work on the screenplay.
Staples' writing credits include video games "Need for Speed: Rivals" and "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3". He's attached to write Ben Affleck starrer "Blood & Treasure" for Warner Bros, Fox's "Myth", and Jeremy Renner's starring vehicle "King of Heists".
The upcoming movie is set to be released in the United States on December 25, 2015. Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg are expected to reprise their roles. Christopher McQuarrie ("Jack Reacher") serves behind the lens, and Jessica Chastain is reportedly offered to play the "right hand woman" to Tom Cruise's Hunt.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent