'Mission: Impossible V' Gets New Writer
A new writer is tapped to pen "Mission: Impossible V", The Hollywood Reporter learns. Will Staples boards the project to write the latest chapter in Ethan Hunt's adventure. "Iron Man 3" scribe Drew Pearce was previously attached to work on the screenplay.
Staples' writing credits include video games "Need for Speed: Rivals" and "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3". He's attached to write Ben Affleck starrer "Blood & Treasure" for Warner Bros, Fox's "Myth", and Jeremy Renner's starring vehicle "King of Heists".
The upcoming movie is set to be released in the United States on December 25, 2015. Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg are expected to reprise their roles. Christopher McQuarrie ("Jack Reacher") serves behind the lens, and Jessica Chastain is reportedly offered to play the "right hand woman" to Tom Cruise's Hunt.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'