Chris Brown Sentenced to 131 Days in Jail After Admitting Probation Violation
Chris Brown is ordered to stay in jail for a bit more after he admitted to violating his probation by getting into an altercation with a man outside the W hotel in Washington D.C. in October. The R&B singer appeared in a hearing on Friday, May 9 in Los Angeles where he made the admission wearing his orange uniform.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge James Brandlin then sentenced the singer to 365 days in jail. Brown, however, was given credit for serving 234 days in rehab facility and behind bars. Therefore, he has 131 days to serve.
As reported by CNN, Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos believes that his client will be released soon. He told the news outlet after the hearing, "I would expect that Chris should be out of jail before the weekend's up or before Monday. If he isn't out by Monday, then I would expect he's getting special treatment. He's got over 230 days credit on a 365 (day sentence) and generally the sheriff is releasing on a lot less than that."
Brown was sentenced to probation following an assault related to his then-girlfriend Rihanna in addition to community service. Brown still have about 700 hours of work to complete, but Geragos said that the singer "enjoyed" the activity. Brown also needs to attend therapy session twice a week and take random drug test three times a week.
More Chris Brown News
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit
- Ben Affleck Looks in Good Spirits While Making First Public Appearance Since Rehab
- Lana Del Rey Announces New Album 'Lust for Life' With Eerie Trailer