Chris Brown Sentenced to 131 Days in Jail After Admitting Probation Violation
Chris Brown is ordered to stay in jail for a bit more after he admitted to violating his probation by getting into an altercation with a man outside the W hotel in Washington D.C. in October. The R&B singer appeared in a hearing on Friday, May 9 in Los Angeles where he made the admission wearing his orange uniform.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge James Brandlin then sentenced the singer to 365 days in jail. Brown, however, was given credit for serving 234 days in rehab facility and behind bars. Therefore, he has 131 days to serve.
As reported by CNN, Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos believes that his client will be released soon. He told the news outlet after the hearing, "I would expect that Chris should be out of jail before the weekend's up or before Monday. If he isn't out by Monday, then I would expect he's getting special treatment. He's got over 230 days credit on a 365 (day sentence) and generally the sheriff is releasing on a lot less than that."
Brown was sentenced to probation following an assault related to his then-girlfriend Rihanna in addition to community service. Brown still have about 700 hours of work to complete, but Geragos said that the singer "enjoyed" the activity. Brown also needs to attend therapy session twice a week and take random drug test three times a week.
More Chris Brown News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked