Peter Gabriel Cancels Ukraine Concert Over Safety Concerns
Peter Gabriel has canceled his upcoming concert in Ukraine because of the political unrest in the country. The musician explained the cancellation in a statement that he released on Friday, May 9.
"Due to the on-going unrest in Ukraine it has become clear that the security of the touring personnel and equipment cannot be guaranteed during the planned visit to the country and this has presented us with significant logistical difficulties that we have been unable to resolve," the statement read.
"Any delays or damage as result of the situation in Ukraine would not be insured and would also potentially jeopardize future shows on the tour, something which we feel we also have to consider," it continued.
Gabriel's show was supposed to take place on Saturday, May 10 in Kiev. Fans who have already purchased the tickets will receive refunds and the star's "Back to Front" tour DVD.
Gabriel joins several musicians who have canceled their concerts in Ukraine due to the ongoing crisis in the country. The National and Depeche Mode are among those who recently axed their concerts in the region.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce