Peter Gabriel Cancels Ukraine Concert Over Safety Concerns
Peter Gabriel has canceled his upcoming concert in Ukraine because of the political unrest in the country. The musician explained the cancellation in a statement that he released on Friday, May 9.
"Due to the on-going unrest in Ukraine it has become clear that the security of the touring personnel and equipment cannot be guaranteed during the planned visit to the country and this has presented us with significant logistical difficulties that we have been unable to resolve," the statement read.
"Any delays or damage as result of the situation in Ukraine would not be insured and would also potentially jeopardize future shows on the tour, something which we feel we also have to consider," it continued.
Gabriel's show was supposed to take place on Saturday, May 10 in Kiev. Fans who have already purchased the tickets will receive refunds and the star's "Back to Front" tour DVD.
Gabriel joins several musicians who have canceled their concerts in Ukraine due to the ongoing crisis in the country. The National and Depeche Mode are among those who recently axed their concerts in the region.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie