Ryan Seacrest Locked for 'American Idol' Season 14
Ryan Seacrest is a lock for "American Idol" season 14. The TV personality has inked a deal with the FOX reality show to return as host and will announce his participation at the network's upfront presentation on Monday, May 12.
THR said Seacrest's contract spans two years. While "Idol" is yet to get a season 15 renewal, Seacrest has been given an option to return to the job by then. A notoriously busy man, Seacrest is also in the middle of a discussion with NBCUniversal regarding his contract for E!, "Today" and the Olympics among others.
The renewal of "Idol" was revealed when Seacrest announced during Wednesday show that season 14 audition was officially open. Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban are expected to return with plans to visit the judges' hometowns during audition rounds.
More American Idol News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding