Ryan Seacrest Locked for 'American Idol' Season 14
Ryan Seacrest is a lock for "American Idol" season 14. The TV personality has inked a deal with the FOX reality show to return as host and will announce his participation at the network's upfront presentation on Monday, May 12.
THR said Seacrest's contract spans two years. While "Idol" is yet to get a season 15 renewal, Seacrest has been given an option to return to the job by then. A notoriously busy man, Seacrest is also in the middle of a discussion with NBCUniversal regarding his contract for E!, "Today" and the Olympics among others.
The renewal of "Idol" was revealed when Seacrest announced during Wednesday show that season 14 audition was officially open. Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban are expected to return with plans to visit the judges' hometowns during audition rounds.
More American Idol News
- New 'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple! Amanda Stanton and Robby Hayes Spotted on a Date
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- Rihanna Fuels Pregnancy Rumors With Bigger Boobs at 'Valerian' European Premiere
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat