Ryan Seacrest Locked for 'American Idol' Season 14
Ryan Seacrest is a lock for "American Idol" season 14. The TV personality has inked a deal with the FOX reality show to return as host and will announce his participation at the network's upfront presentation on Monday, May 12.
THR said Seacrest's contract spans two years. While "Idol" is yet to get a season 15 renewal, Seacrest has been given an option to return to the job by then. A notoriously busy man, Seacrest is also in the middle of a discussion with NBCUniversal regarding his contract for E!, "Today" and the Olympics among others.
The renewal of "Idol" was revealed when Seacrest announced during Wednesday show that season 14 audition was officially open. Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban are expected to return with plans to visit the judges' hometowns during audition rounds.
More American Idol News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic