NBC Cancels 'Community' After Five Seasons
"Community" won't be coming back for another season. Despite fans' hope for "six seasons and a movie," NBC dismisses the Dan Harmon-created TV show about a group of students at a community college in the fictional Greendale, Colorado, after running for five seasons.
Starring Joel McHale, Yvette Nicole Brown, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Jim Rash, Ken Jeong, and Alison Brie, the comedy series has just wrapped its fifth season. Airing last month, its finale drew 2.9 million viewers and a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic.
Cast members weighed in on the cancellation. McHale tweeted, "#darkesttimeline." Jacobs wrote, "Thank you for the love, best fans in the world. Thank you @danharmon for the best job of my life. #ePluribusAnus." Meanwhile, Harmon posted, "Twitter isn't big enough to hold my condolences and more importantly my gratitude to the best fans, cast and crew in TV history. Excelsior."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie