NBC Cancels 'Community' After Five Seasons
"Community" won't be coming back for another season. Despite fans' hope for "six seasons and a movie," NBC dismisses the Dan Harmon-created TV show about a group of students at a community college in the fictional Greendale, Colorado, after running for five seasons.
Starring Joel McHale, Yvette Nicole Brown, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Jim Rash, Ken Jeong, and Alison Brie, the comedy series has just wrapped its fifth season. Airing last month, its finale drew 2.9 million viewers and a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic.
Cast members weighed in on the cancellation. McHale tweeted, "#darkesttimeline." Jacobs wrote, "Thank you for the love, best fans in the world. Thank you @danharmon for the best job of my life. #ePluribusAnus." Meanwhile, Harmon posted, "Twitter isn't big enough to hold my condolences and more importantly my gratitude to the best fans, cast and crew in TV history. Excelsior."
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors