NBC Cancels 'Community' After Five Seasons
"Community" won't be coming back for another season. Despite fans' hope for "six seasons and a movie," NBC dismisses the Dan Harmon-created TV show about a group of students at a community college in the fictional Greendale, Colorado, after running for five seasons.
Starring Joel McHale, Yvette Nicole Brown, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Jim Rash, Ken Jeong, and Alison Brie, the comedy series has just wrapped its fifth season. Airing last month, its finale drew 2.9 million viewers and a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic.
Cast members weighed in on the cancellation. McHale tweeted, "#darkesttimeline." Jacobs wrote, "Thank you for the love, best fans in the world. Thank you @danharmon for the best job of my life. #ePluribusAnus." Meanwhile, Harmon posted, "Twitter isn't big enough to hold my condolences and more importantly my gratitude to the best fans, cast and crew in TV history. Excelsior."
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest