NBC Cancels 'Community' After Five Seasons
"Community" won't be coming back for another season. Despite fans' hope for "six seasons and a movie," NBC dismisses the Dan Harmon-created TV show about a group of students at a community college in the fictional Greendale, Colorado, after running for five seasons.
Starring Joel McHale, Yvette Nicole Brown, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Jim Rash, Ken Jeong, and Alison Brie, the comedy series has just wrapped its fifth season. Airing last month, its finale drew 2.9 million viewers and a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic.
Cast members weighed in on the cancellation. McHale tweeted, "#darkesttimeline." Jacobs wrote, "Thank you for the love, best fans in the world. Thank you @danharmon for the best job of my life. #ePluribusAnus." Meanwhile, Harmon posted, "Twitter isn't big enough to hold my condolences and more importantly my gratitude to the best fans, cast and crew in TV history. Excelsior."
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video