NBC Cancels 'Community' After Five Seasons
"Community" won't be coming back for another season. Despite fans' hope for "six seasons and a movie," NBC dismisses the Dan Harmon-created TV show about a group of students at a community college in the fictional Greendale, Colorado, after running for five seasons.
Starring Joel McHale, Yvette Nicole Brown, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Jim Rash, Ken Jeong, and Alison Brie, the comedy series has just wrapped its fifth season. Airing last month, its finale drew 2.9 million viewers and a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic.
Cast members weighed in on the cancellation. McHale tweeted, "#darkesttimeline." Jacobs wrote, "Thank you for the love, best fans in the world. Thank you @danharmon for the best job of my life. #ePluribusAnus." Meanwhile, Harmon posted, "Twitter isn't big enough to hold my condolences and more importantly my gratitude to the best fans, cast and crew in TV history. Excelsior."
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI