James Franco Defends Risky Underwear Selfie
James Franco explained the "provocative" selfie that shows him reaching his hand inside his underwear nearly exposing himself. During a visit to the "Late Show with David Letterman", he said he took the nearly-nude photo and posted it on Instagram just for fun. "It's what the people want!" he said.
"There's a lot to get straight here," the "Palo Alto" actor said before joking, "I don't even know if we have time." He then added, "But to me, it's just a fun thing. It's something I don't put a ton of thought into, but it gets a lot of attention. I have a lot of followers on Instagram."
When David Letterman showed him the risky picture that had since been deleted from the social media, Franco admittedly said, "Awful." So why did he do it? "Like that Britney Spears shaved head moment, where it's sort of like, 'All right, you want me? Here you can have me, but I am going to be really ugly,'" he reasoned. "You know what I mean?"
"First of all let me just say there is not a person in this room who hasn't had their hand in their own pants," the host remarked, to which his guest argued, "It's not like I'm putting that on billboards. Ostensibly, Instagram is for my fans. But now all the bloggers are following me on there so they'll just take it and use my images for whatever they want."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal