Jessie J Says She Had a Stroke at 18
Jessie J made a surprising revelation as she took the stage at the Delete Bone Cancer Gala in New York on Wednesday, May 7. As reported by PEOPLE, the "Price Tag" singer revealed onstage that she had "a minor stroke" when she was only 18 years old, adding, "I thought that I was never going to get better."
"I feel so lucky that I was given a second chance at life, so every day when I am able to do this, you have no idea how amazing it feels that I'm so lucky to be onstage and singing and living my dream... I appreciate every day that I am able to live my dream," said Jessie. The 26-year-old singer also explained that she wrote "Who You Are" after the health scare and she wanted to dedicate her performance "to anybody in this room who's lost somebody to cancer."
During her performance of "Price Tag" whose lyrics read, "It's not about the money, money, money," she quipped that "tonight it is about the money." The singer, who was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome which can cause an irregular heartbeat when she was a child, reportedly went off stage to walk among the tables, sang and sat on a couple of people's lap that night.
Jessie was not the only celebrity spotted at the gala. The event was also attended by Coco Rocha, Doutzen Kroes, Kelly Bensimon, Dita Von Teese and Georgia May Jagger.
More Jessie J News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen