Jessie J Says She Had a Stroke at 18
Jessie J made a surprising revelation as she took the stage at the Delete Bone Cancer Gala in New York on Wednesday, May 7. As reported by PEOPLE, the "Price Tag" singer revealed onstage that she had "a minor stroke" when she was only 18 years old, adding, "I thought that I was never going to get better."
"I feel so lucky that I was given a second chance at life, so every day when I am able to do this, you have no idea how amazing it feels that I'm so lucky to be onstage and singing and living my dream... I appreciate every day that I am able to live my dream," said Jessie. The 26-year-old singer also explained that she wrote "Who You Are" after the health scare and she wanted to dedicate her performance "to anybody in this room who's lost somebody to cancer."
During her performance of "Price Tag" whose lyrics read, "It's not about the money, money, money," she quipped that "tonight it is about the money." The singer, who was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome which can cause an irregular heartbeat when she was a child, reportedly went off stage to walk among the tables, sang and sat on a couple of people's lap that night.
Jessie was not the only celebrity spotted at the gala. The event was also attended by Coco Rocha, Doutzen Kroes, Kelly Bensimon, Dita Von Teese and Georgia May Jagger.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal