'Bourne Legacy' Sequel Gets New Writer
The script for "Bourne 5" is apparently not finished yet. Anthony Peckham whose works include "Invictus" and "Sherlock Holmes" wrote an earlier draft, and now Andrew Baldwin ("Logan's Run" remake, "Bastille Day") is tapped to help get it done.
Jeremy Renner is expected to reprise his role as Aaron Cross, while Justin Lin is booked to sit at the helm. Original lead actor Matt Damon is open to return to the franchise as Jason Bourne only if Paul Greengrass who directed the second and third entries helms the fifth installment.
Damon first played Jason Bourne in 2002's "The Bourne Identity" directed by Doug Liman. He reprised his role in the next two films, 2004's "The Bourne Supremacy" and 2007's "The Bourne Ultimatum", both helmed by Greengrass before being replaced by Renner and Tony Gilroy in 2012's "The Bourne Legacy".
The upcoming untitled new Bourne movie is scheduled for August 14, 2015 release in the States.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'