'Bourne Legacy' Sequel Gets New Writer
The script for "Bourne 5" is apparently not finished yet. Anthony Peckham whose works include "Invictus" and "Sherlock Holmes" wrote an earlier draft, and now Andrew Baldwin ("Logan's Run" remake, "Bastille Day") is tapped to help get it done.
Jeremy Renner is expected to reprise his role as Aaron Cross, while Justin Lin is booked to sit at the helm. Original lead actor Matt Damon is open to return to the franchise as Jason Bourne only if Paul Greengrass who directed the second and third entries helms the fifth installment.
Damon first played Jason Bourne in 2002's "The Bourne Identity" directed by Doug Liman. He reprised his role in the next two films, 2004's "The Bourne Supremacy" and 2007's "The Bourne Ultimatum", both helmed by Greengrass before being replaced by Renner and Tony Gilroy in 2012's "The Bourne Legacy".
The upcoming untitled new Bourne movie is scheduled for August 14, 2015 release in the States.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding