'Bourne Legacy' Sequel Gets New Writer
The script for "Bourne 5" is apparently not finished yet. Anthony Peckham whose works include "Invictus" and "Sherlock Holmes" wrote an earlier draft, and now Andrew Baldwin ("Logan's Run" remake, "Bastille Day") is tapped to help get it done.
Jeremy Renner is expected to reprise his role as Aaron Cross, while Justin Lin is booked to sit at the helm. Original lead actor Matt Damon is open to return to the franchise as Jason Bourne only if Paul Greengrass who directed the second and third entries helms the fifth installment.
Damon first played Jason Bourne in 2002's "The Bourne Identity" directed by Doug Liman. He reprised his role in the next two films, 2004's "The Bourne Supremacy" and 2007's "The Bourne Ultimatum", both helmed by Greengrass before being replaced by Renner and Tony Gilroy in 2012's "The Bourne Legacy".
The upcoming untitled new Bourne movie is scheduled for August 14, 2015 release in the States.
- 'The Flash' Season 3 Finale Confirms the Twisted Theory, Reveals Real Victim
- 'American Crime Story': Get Official First Look at Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace
- Hollywood Mourns the Death of James Bond Star Roger Moore
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members