The CW Orders 'Flash' and 'iZombie' Series, Renews 'Beauty and the Beast', 'The 100' and More
More fictional comic characters are going to grace the small screen. The CW has greenlight "The Flash" and "iZombie" series, the former of which is a spin-off to sophomore show "Arrow".
"Flash was just picked up & I could not be more excited! We are making this damn thing. I can't wait for you all to see everyone's hard work," Grant Gustin, who is cast in the lead role, tweeted after learning the good news. He has been featured as scientist Barry Allen in several episodes of the mother show, but has never appeared in The Flash's costume.
Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns, who penned the pilot, will executive produce the series.
"iZombie", from "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas, is an adaptation DC Comics' property which centers on a med student-turned-zombie who takes a job in the coroner's office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity. Rose McIver is cast as the female lead.
The other two new series are post-apocalyptic drama "The Messengers" and "Jane the Virgin", which is inspired by a Venezuelan telenovela. On the other hand, "Supernatural" spin-off "Bloodlines" which was introduced as a backdoor pilot has reportedly been passed on by the network following negative reviews on the April 29 episode.
"Supernatural" itself had previously got early renewals along with "Reign", "The Vampire Diaries", "The Originals" and "Arrow". The CW has just announced that "Beauty and the Beast", "The 100" and "Hart of Dixie" will return for another season each as well.
Meanwhile, "The Tomorrow People", "Star-Crossed" and "The Carrie Diaries" don't get to enjoy the same fate, having been canceled by the network.
More The Flash News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences