Zac Brown's Wife Finally Gave Birth to Baby Boy
The fifth time is a charm for Zac Brown. The Zac Brown Band frontman and his wife Shelly welcomed their fifth child together and the first boy in their brood, on Monday, May 5.
"Zac & Shelly Brown are pleased to announce the arrival of Alexander Frost Brown! Born May 5, 2014," the announcement on the band's official Twitter page read. "Born May 5, 2014 at 11lbs, 7oz. and 22.5 inches long," the band's Facebook page added. A snapshot of the parents embracing was included.
A few hours later the couple thanked people who helped the delivery. "Thank you to our midwife Debbie Schneider, Dr. Bootstaylor and everyone at the Atlanta Medical Center for an AMAZING experience! Our planned home birth had to be transferred for precaution and we couldn't have asked for a better and more supportive team to allow us the natural delivery we wanted of our baby boy. Alexander Frost Brown 11lbs. 7 oz," the Facebook post read. The baby's first pic was shared in a black and white photo.
Alexander joins four older sister, Joni, Justice, Lucy and Georgia. "I know how to make girls. I figured that out," he joked about his daughters in a 2012 interview. "We've had four girls in five years." Soon after the birth of their latest daughter in February 2011, Brown told The Boot, "We're just gonna keep on going until we get a boy. If that's 13, then I doubt I'm gonna be able to pull that off, but we'll see."
The baby's sex had actually been revealed in November soon after the announcement that they were expecting again. "#BabyBrown Update! Please help us congratulate Zac and Shelly as they welcome their 1st baby BOY this spring!" the band tweeted back then.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'