Janelle Monae and Skrillex to Team Up at Bonnaroo
Janelle Monae and Skrillex are booked for Superjam at Bonnaroo Music Festival. The two artists will take part in the star-studded jam session that will also include Big Gigantic, Robby Krieger of The Doors and Damian Marley among others.
The summer music festival will feature three major jams. The second one will be headlined by Derek Trucks with special guests Andrew Bird, Chaka Khan, Taj Mahal, Ben Folds, Susan Tedeschi's drummer Adam Deitch, guitarist Eric Krasno, Los Lobos' frontman David Hidalgo and drummer James Gadson.
The third jam, called Bluegrass Situation Superjam, will feature Lonesome Trio, Dierks Bentley, Sarah Jarosz, Lake Street Dive, The Black Lillies, Shovels & Rope, The Lone Bellow, Robert Ellis, Della Mae, Bryan Sutton and Yonder Mountain String Band's banjoist Dave Johnston. Actor and banjo player Ed Helms will be the host.
This year's Bonnaroo will take place from June 12 to 15 in Manchester, Tennessee. The Trucks jam will kick off the Superjams on Friday, June 13 at midnight, followed by the Skrillex jam on Saturday. The Bluegrass set, meanwhile, will be one of the festival's final showcases.
More Janelle Monae News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'