HGTV Not Moving Forward With 'Flip It Forward' Amid Hosts' Anti-Gay Stance
It appears that David and Jason Benham's anti-gay stance has cost them a TV gig. HGTV has decided to cancel "Flip It Forward", a real estate series to be hosted by the twin brothers, after Right Wing Watch reported that the Benhams were anti-gay activists.
"HGTV has decided not to move forward with the Benham Brothers' series," the network simply tweeted on Wednesday, May 7 without further detailing the reason. On Tuesday, the basic cable channel stated that they were "currently in the process of reviewing all information about the Benhams."
A Facebook user comments on the decision, "Good decision not to stab every LGBT employee and viewer in the face."
David and Jason are the sons of controversial evangelical minister Flip Benham, who is the head of Operation Save America, an abortion-clinic protest group. David said back in 2012, "We have no-fault divorce; we have pornography and perversion; we have homosexuality and its agenda that is attacking the nation; we have adultery ... while the church sits silent and just builds big churches."
Set to debut in October, "Flip It Forward" would've focused on David and Jason as they "leveraged their good-natured sibling rivalry to help families find a fixer-upper and transform it into their dream home" without spending a fortune.
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick