HGTV Not Moving Forward With 'Flip It Forward' Amid Hosts' Anti-Gay Stance
It appears that David and Jason Benham's anti-gay stance has cost them a TV gig. HGTV has decided to cancel "Flip It Forward", a real estate series to be hosted by the twin brothers, after Right Wing Watch reported that the Benhams were anti-gay activists.
"HGTV has decided not to move forward with the Benham Brothers' series," the network simply tweeted on Wednesday, May 7 without further detailing the reason. On Tuesday, the basic cable channel stated that they were "currently in the process of reviewing all information about the Benhams."
A Facebook user comments on the decision, "Good decision not to stab every LGBT employee and viewer in the face."
David and Jason are the sons of controversial evangelical minister Flip Benham, who is the head of Operation Save America, an abortion-clinic protest group. David said back in 2012, "We have no-fault divorce; we have pornography and perversion; we have homosexuality and its agenda that is attacking the nation; we have adultery ... while the church sits silent and just builds big churches."
Set to debut in October, "Flip It Forward" would've focused on David and Jason as they "leveraged their good-natured sibling rivalry to help families find a fixer-upper and transform it into their dream home" without spending a fortune.
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say