HGTV Not Moving Forward With 'Flip It Forward' Amid Hosts' Anti-Gay Stance
It appears that David and Jason Benham's anti-gay stance has cost them a TV gig. HGTV has decided to cancel "Flip It Forward", a real estate series to be hosted by the twin brothers, after Right Wing Watch reported that the Benhams were anti-gay activists.
"HGTV has decided not to move forward with the Benham Brothers' series," the network simply tweeted on Wednesday, May 7 without further detailing the reason. On Tuesday, the basic cable channel stated that they were "currently in the process of reviewing all information about the Benhams."
A Facebook user comments on the decision, "Good decision not to stab every LGBT employee and viewer in the face."
David and Jason are the sons of controversial evangelical minister Flip Benham, who is the head of Operation Save America, an abortion-clinic protest group. David said back in 2012, "We have no-fault divorce; we have pornography and perversion; we have homosexuality and its agenda that is attacking the nation; we have adultery ... while the church sits silent and just builds big churches."
Set to debut in October, "Flip It Forward" would've focused on David and Jason as they "leveraged their good-natured sibling rivalry to help families find a fixer-upper and transform it into their dream home" without spending a fortune.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'