Rebel Wilson Lands Lead Role in 'Private Benjamin' Remake
"Private Benjamin" remake has secured one of its lead actresses. According to a scoop from The Wrap, Rebel Wilson ("Pitch Perfect") is booked to play the key role in the upcoming revamped version of the classic comedy originally led by Goldie Hawn.
The remake will revolve around a redneck (Wilson) and a rich city girl who get more than they bargained for when they enlist in the Marines to escape their present situations. Other cast members are yet to be announced, but Anna Faris was previously attached to the film.
The original film was co-written and co-produced by Nancy Meyers. It was a huge box office hit raking in nearly $70 million back in 1980 and spawning a short-lived TV series. The new version is produced by Mark Gordon for New Line, but no director has been signed on.
Wilson is also cast for "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb", joins the voice cast of "Kung Fu Panda 3", and is set to reprise her role as Fat Amy in "Pitch Perfect 2".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic