Rebel Wilson Lands Lead Role in 'Private Benjamin' Remake
"Private Benjamin" remake has secured one of its lead actresses. According to a scoop from The Wrap, Rebel Wilson ("Pitch Perfect") is booked to play the key role in the upcoming revamped version of the classic comedy originally led by Goldie Hawn.
The remake will revolve around a redneck (Wilson) and a rich city girl who get more than they bargained for when they enlist in the Marines to escape their present situations. Other cast members are yet to be announced, but Anna Faris was previously attached to the film.
The original film was co-written and co-produced by Nancy Meyers. It was a huge box office hit raking in nearly $70 million back in 1980 and spawning a short-lived TV series. The new version is produced by Mark Gordon for New Line, but no director has been signed on.
Wilson is also cast for "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb", joins the voice cast of "Kung Fu Panda 3", and is set to reprise her role as Fat Amy in "Pitch Perfect 2".
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo