Rebel Wilson Lands Lead Role in 'Private Benjamin' Remake
"Private Benjamin" remake has secured one of its lead actresses. According to a scoop from The Wrap, Rebel Wilson ("Pitch Perfect") is booked to play the key role in the upcoming revamped version of the classic comedy originally led by Goldie Hawn.
The remake will revolve around a redneck (Wilson) and a rich city girl who get more than they bargained for when they enlist in the Marines to escape their present situations. Other cast members are yet to be announced, but Anna Faris was previously attached to the film.
The original film was co-written and co-produced by Nancy Meyers. It was a huge box office hit raking in nearly $70 million back in 1980 and spawning a short-lived TV series. The new version is produced by Mark Gordon for New Line, but no director has been signed on.
Wilson is also cast for "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb", joins the voice cast of "Kung Fu Panda 3", and is set to reprise her role as Fat Amy in "Pitch Perfect 2".
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars