Rebel Wilson Lands Lead Role in 'Private Benjamin' Remake
"Private Benjamin" remake has secured one of its lead actresses. According to a scoop from The Wrap, Rebel Wilson ("Pitch Perfect") is booked to play the key role in the upcoming revamped version of the classic comedy originally led by Goldie Hawn.
The remake will revolve around a redneck (Wilson) and a rich city girl who get more than they bargained for when they enlist in the Marines to escape their present situations. Other cast members are yet to be announced, but Anna Faris was previously attached to the film.
The original film was co-written and co-produced by Nancy Meyers. It was a huge box office hit raking in nearly $70 million back in 1980 and spawning a short-lived TV series. The new version is produced by Mark Gordon for New Line, but no director has been signed on.
Wilson is also cast for "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb", joins the voice cast of "Kung Fu Panda 3", and is set to reprise her role as Fat Amy in "Pitch Perfect 2".
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!