LeBron James and Method Man Join Judd Apatow's Comedy 'Trainwreck'
Judd Apatow adds more actors to his upcoming comedy "Trainwreck". NBA star LeBron James and rapper Method Man officially come abroad, joining Bill Hader, Brie Larson, Barkhad Abdi, Mike Birbiglia, Jon Glaser, Vanessa Bayer, John Cena, and Ezra Miller, Colin Quinn, and Tilda Swinton.
"I know you're very busy with the playoffs," the director/actor announces the basketballer's casting in a Facebook video. "But I just wanted to say we're so glad that you are joining the cast of my next film, 'Tranwreck,' and now the world will finally get to see what your true gifts are...so welcome aboard."
Besides sitting behind the lens, Apatow serves as a producer along with with Barry Mendel ("Bridesmaids"). Cast member Amy Schumer does a double duty as well, penning the script for the comedy. The plot is yet to be revealed, but Universal already set July 24, 2015 as a release date.
It will be Universal's third LeBron-related movie. The studio recently acquired rights to develop a feature film depicting the Miami Heat forward's high school years in Ohio. The NBA player is also attached to star alongside Kevin Hart in another upcoming comedy "Ballers".
Meanwhile, Method Man has starred in "How High" and shared screen with alongside Apatow's frequent collaborator Jonah Hill in "The Sitter". The lyricist recently wrapped Tom McCarthy's indie drama "The Cobbler" which is led by Adam Sandler.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit