LeBron James and Method Man Join Judd Apatow's Comedy 'Trainwreck'
Judd Apatow adds more actors to his upcoming comedy "Trainwreck". NBA star LeBron James and rapper Method Man officially come abroad, joining Bill Hader, Brie Larson, Barkhad Abdi, Mike Birbiglia, Jon Glaser, Vanessa Bayer, John Cena, and Ezra Miller, Colin Quinn, and Tilda Swinton.
"I know you're very busy with the playoffs," the director/actor announces the basketballer's casting in a Facebook video. "But I just wanted to say we're so glad that you are joining the cast of my next film, 'Tranwreck,' and now the world will finally get to see what your true gifts are...so welcome aboard."
Besides sitting behind the lens, Apatow serves as a producer along with with Barry Mendel ("Bridesmaids"). Cast member Amy Schumer does a double duty as well, penning the script for the comedy. The plot is yet to be revealed, but Universal already set July 24, 2015 as a release date.
It will be Universal's third LeBron-related movie. The studio recently acquired rights to develop a feature film depicting the Miami Heat forward's high school years in Ohio. The NBA player is also attached to star alongside Kevin Hart in another upcoming comedy "Ballers".
Meanwhile, Method Man has starred in "How High" and shared screen with alongside Apatow's frequent collaborator Jonah Hill in "The Sitter". The lyricist recently wrapped Tom McCarthy's indie drama "The Cobbler" which is led by Adam Sandler.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked