Neil Patrick Harris Goes Naked on Rolling Stone's Cover
Neil Patrick Harris poses naked on the cover of Rolling Stone's latest issue which hits the newsstands on Friday, May 9. Harris, who appears on the front page wearing nothing but a bowtie with a top hat placed in front of his lower body to cover his private parts, talks about coming out as gay in an interview published in the issue.
According to Harris, revealing his sexual orientation contributed to work opportunities he gained. "Once all the cards were on the table, I got more opportunities than ever," he says. "Some actors don't get hired because you can't look into their soul and see what they're like, because they're kept guarded."
Harris, who is currently playing transsexual German glam rocker in Broadway's "Hedwig and the Angry Inch", also talks about his image as an actor. "I have always been highly aware of how I was presenting myself. Which, now that I'm playing overtly feminine and loving it, is kind of a stupid concern," he says.
"I didn't think he could pull off the femininity of [the role]," his fiance David Burtka comments on Harris' character. "This is such a stretch for him. In his day-to-day, he's not a very feminine guy."
Harris and Burtka were most recently seen attending the 2014 Met Gala. The pair wore crop top tuxedos with tails by Thom Browne at the Monday, May 5 event in New York City. While Harris opted for classic black-and-white ensemble, Burtka sported a checkered top and matching striped pants.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones