Neil Patrick Harris Goes Naked on Rolling Stone's Cover
Neil Patrick Harris poses naked on the cover of Rolling Stone's latest issue which hits the newsstands on Friday, May 9. Harris, who appears on the front page wearing nothing but a bowtie with a top hat placed in front of his lower body to cover his private parts, talks about coming out as gay in an interview published in the issue.
According to Harris, revealing his sexual orientation contributed to work opportunities he gained. "Once all the cards were on the table, I got more opportunities than ever," he says. "Some actors don't get hired because you can't look into their soul and see what they're like, because they're kept guarded."
Harris, who is currently playing transsexual German glam rocker in Broadway's "Hedwig and the Angry Inch", also talks about his image as an actor. "I have always been highly aware of how I was presenting myself. Which, now that I'm playing overtly feminine and loving it, is kind of a stupid concern," he says.
"I didn't think he could pull off the femininity of [the role]," his fiance David Burtka comments on Harris' character. "This is such a stretch for him. In his day-to-day, he's not a very feminine guy."
Harris and Burtka were most recently seen attending the 2014 Met Gala. The pair wore crop top tuxedos with tails by Thom Browne at the Monday, May 5 event in New York City. While Harris opted for classic black-and-white ensemble, Burtka sported a checkered top and matching striped pants.
More Neil Patrick Harris News
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash