Kim Kardashian Talks About Racism and Discrimination in an Essay
Kim Kardashian wrote an essay on racism and discrimination and published it on her website on Wednesday, May 7. In the piece, the reality star said that she was interested in the topic after welcoming her daughter North with Kanye West.
"To be honest, before I had North, I never really gave racism or discrimination a lot of thought. It is obviously a topic that Kanye is passionate about, but I guess it was easier for me to believe that it was someone else's battle," she wrote. "I realize that racism and discrimination are still alive, and just as hateful and deadly as they ever have been."
The mother of one found empathy in minority's struggle against racism and she wanted to show her support by stopping the thoughts that the issues were not her problems. "I feel a responsibility as a mother, a public figure, a human being, to do what I can to make sure that not only my child, but all children, don't have to grow up in a world where they are judged by the color of their skin, or their gender, or their sexual orientation," the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star wrote.
"It is our responsibility to give them a voice and speak out for those who can't and hopefully in the process, ensure that hate is something our children never have to see," she added.
On the same day, Kardashian also took to Twitter to dispel various rumors related to her wedding. "Seeing so many different reports not gonna start disputing them all but a few I want to straighten out," she started. "1. We are not married yet!"
She continued in the next posts, "2. We are not filming our wedding for 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians'. You will see everything leading up til and after! As much as we would love to share these memories on camera, we've decided to keep this close to our heart & share thru photos."
The third point read, "No guest list has been released. Seeing fake ones. Especially not 1600 people invited like I just read. Its VERY small & intimate." In the next tweet, she mentioned fake wedding dress photos, writing, "Seeing fake wedding dress pics of me. No one has seen my dress! Those photos are old or photo shopped. That's it! Unless you hear it from us please don't believe nonsense!"
More Kim Kardashian News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'