New Fully-Animated 'Flintstones' Movie in the Works
A new fully-animated "The Flintstones" movie is in the works at Warner Bros. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are executive producing through their Gary Sanchez Productions banner.
Chris Henchy, who wrote Ferrell-starring vehicle "The Campaign", is appointed by the studio to write the script based on the iconic TV series. Titled "Flintstones (2015)", the project is still in very early development stages, therefore not much is known how they will tackle the story.
Created by Hanna-Barbera, "The Flintstones" is about a working-class Stone Age man's life with his family and his next-door neighbor and best friend. It ran as primetime on ABC between 1960 and 1966.
A live action movie was created by Universal in 1994 with John Goodman playing the family patriarch. It successfully nabbed $130 million on a $46 million budget but its follow-up, which was made in 2000, did not meet the same fate. Starring Mark Addy, the prequel earned $35.3 million on a $83 million budget.
WB took over the rights to "The Flintstones" in 1996 and planned a new TV series for FOX for 2013 broadcast. Seth MacFarlane of "Family Guy" was hired as executive producer but the project was delayed.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'