New Fully-Animated 'Flintstones' Movie in the Works
A new fully-animated "The Flintstones" movie is in the works at Warner Bros. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are executive producing through their Gary Sanchez Productions banner.
Chris Henchy, who wrote Ferrell-starring vehicle "The Campaign", is appointed by the studio to write the script based on the iconic TV series. Titled "Flintstones (2015)", the project is still in very early development stages, therefore not much is known how they will tackle the story.
Created by Hanna-Barbera, "The Flintstones" is about a working-class Stone Age man's life with his family and his next-door neighbor and best friend. It ran as primetime on ABC between 1960 and 1966.
A live action movie was created by Universal in 1994 with John Goodman playing the family patriarch. It successfully nabbed $130 million on a $46 million budget but its follow-up, which was made in 2000, did not meet the same fate. Starring Mark Addy, the prequel earned $35.3 million on a $83 million budget.
WB took over the rights to "The Flintstones" in 1996 and planned a new TV series for FOX for 2013 broadcast. Seth MacFarlane of "Family Guy" was hired as executive producer but the project was delayed.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!