New Fully-Animated 'Flintstones' Movie in the Works
A new fully-animated "The Flintstones" movie is in the works at Warner Bros. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are executive producing through their Gary Sanchez Productions banner.
Chris Henchy, who wrote Ferrell-starring vehicle "The Campaign", is appointed by the studio to write the script based on the iconic TV series. Titled "Flintstones (2015)", the project is still in very early development stages, therefore not much is known how they will tackle the story.
Created by Hanna-Barbera, "The Flintstones" is about a working-class Stone Age man's life with his family and his next-door neighbor and best friend. It ran as primetime on ABC between 1960 and 1966.
A live action movie was created by Universal in 1994 with John Goodman playing the family patriarch. It successfully nabbed $130 million on a $46 million budget but its follow-up, which was made in 2000, did not meet the same fate. Starring Mark Addy, the prequel earned $35.3 million on a $83 million budget.
WB took over the rights to "The Flintstones" in 1996 and planned a new TV series for FOX for 2013 broadcast. Seth MacFarlane of "Family Guy" was hired as executive producer but the project was delayed.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal