New Fully-Animated 'Flintstones' Movie in the Works
A new fully-animated "The Flintstones" movie is in the works at Warner Bros. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are executive producing through their Gary Sanchez Productions banner.
Chris Henchy, who wrote Ferrell-starring vehicle "The Campaign", is appointed by the studio to write the script based on the iconic TV series. Titled "Flintstones (2015)", the project is still in very early development stages, therefore not much is known how they will tackle the story.
Created by Hanna-Barbera, "The Flintstones" is about a working-class Stone Age man's life with his family and his next-door neighbor and best friend. It ran as primetime on ABC between 1960 and 1966.
A live action movie was created by Universal in 1994 with John Goodman playing the family patriarch. It successfully nabbed $130 million on a $46 million budget but its follow-up, which was made in 2000, did not meet the same fate. Starring Mark Addy, the prequel earned $35.3 million on a $83 million budget.
WB took over the rights to "The Flintstones" in 1996 and planned a new TV series for FOX for 2013 broadcast. Seth MacFarlane of "Family Guy" was hired as executive producer but the project was delayed.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March