Angelina Jolie: 'I Never Thought I'd Meet the Right Person'
Angelina Jolie looks beautiful on the cover of Elle magazine's June edition. In the black-and-white photo on the front page, the mother of six sports a simple black t-shirt and leather pants as she stares at the camera. In an interview published in the issue, which hits newsstands on May 20, Jolie opens up about her relationship with Brad Pitt as well as casting their daughter Vivienne as young Princess Aurora in her upcoming movie, an adaptation of "Sleeping Beauty" story, "Maleficent".
"I never thought I'd have children, I never thought I'd be in love, I never thought I'd meet the right person," she tells the magazine. "Having come from a broken home - you kind of accept that certain things feel like a fairy tale, and you just don't look for them."
"You get together and you're two individuals and you feel inspired by each other, you challenge each other, you complement each other, drive each other beautifully crazy," Jolie says of her relationship with Pitt. "After all these years, we have history - and when you have history with somebody, you're friends in such a very real, deep way that there's such a comfort, and an ease, and a deep love that comes from having been through quite a lot together."
Speaking of her daughter's role in "Maleficent", Jolie explains that they needed a child actor who "wouldn't be fazed by the Mistress of All Evil hissing 'I don't like children' in her face" and they found the perfect choice in Vivienne. "And my little Vivienne - we call her my shadow, because there's nothing I can do to shake her. I can be tired, I can be grumpy, I can be in a terrible mood, and she doesn't care. It's 'Mommy, Mommy,' and she'll cling to me. We knew that she would still do that thing, she'd still smile at me and insist that I pick her up. So we couldn't really cast anybody else," she continues.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding